Hey guys. Just my storm a couple of days ago.

I'm loving it already

Just wanna ask if most of you guys are actually putting something under the battery to improve the clicking experience.

Is it really necessary?

lets hear some feedback and discuss !
    12-18-09 08:44 PM
    Never have, probably never will...perfect click...
    12-18-09 08:47 PM
    so what are your settings for

tap interval and hover period?

I'm finding it hard to press the space bar button in suretype portrait mode.
    12-18-09 08:55 PM
    I do. My screen clicks like a charm with it.
    12-18-09 09:06 PM
    I do, I like it better.
    12-18-09 09:17 PM
    I do as well. I always thought putting a piece of paper behind the battery was a joke, until I tried it. What a difference! Much more solid feeling with it. I use 300 tap 100 hover and 6 swipe as my screen settings. Enjoy you're new Storm!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-09 09:39 PM
    I did at first, but then I started returning them till I got one that didn't need it.
    12-18-09 10:51 PM
    Wait, what's this? Paper under the battery to improve clicking? Is this a small piece of paper the size of the battery? I've never heard of this.
    12-18-09 11:51 PM
    Any one care to explain this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-09 11:54 PM
    see this link to get an idea. i tired it, however, i realised my bottom row keys got harder to press after doing tt
    12-19-09 12:06 AM

heres the link!
    12-19-09 12:06 AM
    I use a very thin plastic disk on top of the battery. Works perfect. I've heard a lot about adjusting the screws that hold the screen on, but haven't tried it myself.
    12-19-09 12:46 AM
    I put a peice of a playing card under my battery and it seems to feel better but I did notice the bottom of the screen doesnt click as well as the rest of the the screen, but overall clicks alot nicer than without it.
    12-19-09 01:01 AM
    Civic posted this a while ago. It's the most clean way to do this.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/cl...-style-184518/
    12-19-09 02:05 AM
    I never used this method cuz i never needed to.
    12-19-09 02:21 AM
    I do! I thought my storm already had a "perfect click" but I decided to experiment one day and added part of a business card behind the battery and it made the click even better!
    12-19-09 08:23 AM
    I've usedd the post it under the battery for about 10 mos. On my old 9530 and the refurb. It just seems to be a stronger click for me and more uniform than without. My old one stopped working(clicking) as well as before. I tried to put more postits in but it never fixed it. I then took it to Verizon to see if they could do anything. The tech tightened the screw on the back, but that didnt make it click better the way I'd been used to. Plus after he did that I still needed the postit but it intefered with the battery and cause it to reboot all the time so I got a replacement that I've been using with the postit and its been great so far.
    12-19-09 10:36 AM
    I loved the "click" on my 9530 (and love it 100000000000000000 times more on my S2), so I never tried the torx, business card, sticky note or, of course, my personal favorite, the polka dot sticker tricks. That said, I would be pretty uncomfortable using any of these tips/tricks except for JRS'. Why? Because, in my experience, jamming a highly flammable object (paper) behind a battery that's clocking at over 114F under heavy use sounds like a recipe for disaster. As if the radiation isn't enough, I'd hate to have my lovely BB spontaneously combust while I'm cranking out a long email. As always though, individual experience will vary, and I'm glad to see this topic revived, since there are effective ways to improve your click (see; polka dot.) However, I'm with Rich: in the words of my Kentucky brethren to the East... "If it ain't doin' what it s'pose do, 'turn it unf yew get un dat do!"

Happy Festivus.
    12-19-09 10:44 AM
    The tension screws on some storms are too tight and cause clicking issues in the corners of the screen for some users. People have found that placing paper under the battery puts enough pressure against the screen mechanics that it allows the device to click properly. I must warn you that after a period of time it will slightly warp your battery cover as it did mine.

The best solution is to use a T6/7 Torx screw driver and very slightly adjust the screen tension screws found under the battery door. One is covered by the red sticker the other is on the left side. It's the BEST way to solve this clicking issue.
    12-19-09 10:48 AM
    I only made the adjustments with the two screws and it made a world of difference. You just have to be careful not to loosen the screws too much or then you get a lot of reboots because of having a loose battery.
    12-19-09 12:43 PM
    put a small piece of cardboard off of a box of medicine under my battery and it was the medicine that my screen needed lol it sounds stupid but i have gone though 4 storms in 2 weeks for this clicking issue , its just funny that a piece of paper solved what verizon replaced 4 phones over... I Love you crackberry
    12-19-09 03:08 PM
    I used to, but then eventually one day my storm wasn't able to be clicked at all. I took the paper out and it fixed it. So I would say be careful.
    12-19-09 04:01 PM
    I used to have a few post it notes underneath my battery but then i loosened the screws and now i just have a very thin piece of paper and the loosened screws and it works perfectly.
    12-19-09 04:14 PM
    Have had my Storm for almost a year ...never used this idea because I have never found the need for it.
    12-19-09 04:22 PM
    I tried it, found that mine clicked better without it.

Tap 400 Hover 100 Swipe 6

Enjoy your new storm
    12-19-09 04:22 PM
69 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD