If yes, were you talking on the phone, texting, GPSing or toying with some application? (games, camera, etc.)

How bad was the accident? What were the consequences/damage costs?

After the accident, how many of you DID IT AGAIN? (not necessarily get into another accident, but say so if you did)

I'm just curious.
    (I'd also ask for age, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to do that)

Reminder to Californians (and other states?): No texting while driving come this January 1st!
    Last edited by StorminTrojan; 12-23-08 at 12:02 PM.
    12-23-08 11:59 AM
    ok i might get burned alive but atleast for Jersey the question should be how many "women" have gotten into an accident lol
    12-23-08 12:01 PM
    Have had a close call or two while trying to text, but since I got Vlingo... No issues
    12-23-08 12:02 PM
    ok i might get burned alive but atleast for Jersey the question should be how many "women" have gotten into an accident lol
    Its subconciously implicated when I read the title lol....

I drove by this chick omw to work she was holding the phone to her head, driving, holding a coffee, and smoking a cigarrette...you do the math she was just a regular human with 2 arms not an octopus hahaha
    12-23-08 12:03 PM
    They should also make it illegal for women (and some men) to put on make-up and do their hair while driving. **** happens all time here in norcal...bunch of idiots.
    12-23-08 12:06 PM
    Thats why I don't text/play with the phone when driving. Talking, I don't mind but everything else is no good.
    12-23-08 12:08 PM
    as I'm driving now and reading this.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-08 12:09 PM
    Agreed. I don't see how they can make texting while driving illegal, yet allow some people to put on makeup (I've literally seen women put on mascara with their faces less than an inch from their rearview mirror) while driving. Of course I've never seen a cop around when they are doing this, so maybe they will pull them over, I don't know. Does anyone know if one will be pulled over for applying makeup or other distracting activities while driving?
    12-23-08 12:10 PM
    The strangest (and funniest) and possibly the most dangerous thing on the road I've ever seen was there was this speeding car (I was curious so I sped up next to it - yes, not so smart on my part, but I was young and wouldn't have this story to post if i didn't :P) and when I looked over, there was this lady with her mouth open with a certain facial expression - her body hopping up and down. I also noticed there was no back part of her seat (laid all the way back). You do the math.
    12-23-08 12:14 PM
    I'm still getting used to using the Storm in the car. It's reminiscent of suicide right now because i'm not that good at it. I knew my way around my other phones so it was never that hard with those. Once VLingo is out for the Storm my travel will be safer, lol!
    12-23-08 12:19 PM
    Proud to say, "NO!"

I do not understand why sooooo many people risk the safety of themselves and others to check a damn message on their phone! Come on people... wait until you are at a light or have stopped your vehicle.

Seeing anyone, especially teenage girls, attempt to drive while texting makes me nervous. And there is no way anyone can tell me that it is safe. No matter what, your response time and awareness will drop significantly when focusing on your phone!

Enough said... get some sense people!
    12-23-08 12:22 PM
    Yea, i do my best not to play with my phone well driving. the Blue Tooth connects and i put the phone in its holster and try very hard not to pay attention to the storm. (it connects threw my Ford Sync and my phone book is the radio and caller Id comes up on the radio.) But i have come close to getting in a accident. I almost did one time, (snow bank as my car drifted to the right) and that was the last time i played with it.
    12-23-08 12:24 PM
    Unfortunately, I have fallen victim to this. BUT! I wasn't using a phone, I was actually on my way to GET the storm haha! I'm not sure if that counts, but it was like 8AM in the morning, I called like 5 different stores and no luck. I said screw it, I will wait in front of the Circuit City (which opened at 10) and yeah, during a right turn hit a big ol' Ford. Luckily my parent's Mercedez Benz was study as well, so we both endured no pain. Love tap? Indeed.

The things you do for a storm!
    12-23-08 12:26 PM
    Stupidity isn't gender-related. For every dumb female that I've seen trying to put on makeup, multitask with a phone that is smarter than she is, and still drive... I've also seen an equally dumb male trying to shave, multitask with the phone and also drive. It would not make me really sorrowful if they would just collide with each other and vaporize.
    12-23-08 12:27 PM
    No, no, we can't have them vaporize. We must record their faces when they try to explain themselves in front of the judge!
    12-23-08 12:30 PM
    I've seen a woman curling her hair with a cordless butane curling iron...while driving.

And to keep it gender equal...

I saw a guy trimming his nose hair with an electric nose hair trimmer. I'm not sure who was more distracted by it...him or me. I couldn't help staring even though it was REALLY disgusting!
    12-23-08 12:35 PM
    even though I, myself, have not seen it, that image will haunt me forever. thank you. thank you for that traumatizing image. now i will subconsiously look around for other drivers who are using a nose hair trimmer...
    12-23-08 12:38 PM
    not me. im safe and when its bad i put the phone down.
    12-23-08 12:43 PM
    Right now theres nothing but ice and snow on the ground so during this time, I usually take back roads so there isn't as many stupid people on the road.
    12-23-08 12:47 PM
    Ok, I'll admit I got into a SMALL fender-bender while checking my email. I was at a light. The car in front of me start to go and I took my foot off of the brake. Then he stopped! Mind you, the light was green. Anywho, since I was looking at my BB I did not notice. I LIGHTLY tapped his rear bumper. An officer was nearby and came to assist. He looked at the damage and waved it off. The van he was driving was old and there were only a few scratches. He asked if I was willing to pay up if the other driver wanted the bumper fixed, and I agreed. Anywho, we exchanged information. I haven't heard from the driver yet.
    12-23-08 12:52 PM
    i'm not gonna lie - i text and drive. ::knock on wood:: haven't gotten in trouble yet. only in portrait mode though as i feel the suretype allows for one handed texting.
    12-23-08 12:55 PM
    I travel around the country a lot and I've seen everything imaginable going on in a car. You can always tell a talking/texting driver - - they slow down and weave in their lane. On a very sad note a woman on her cell swerved into a young bicyclist (in the bike lane) two weeks ago here in Fort Collins, CO. The young girl died and I'm sure the woman wants to.
    12-23-08 01:10 PM
    The strangest (and funniest) and possibly the most dangerous thing on the road I've ever seen was there was this speeding car (I was curious so I sped up next to it - yes, not so smart on my part, but I was young and wouldn't have this story to post if i didn't :P) and when I looked over, there was this lady with her mouth open with a certain facial expression - her body hopping up and down. I also noticed there was no back part of her seat (laid all the way back). You do the math.
    Pictures or it didn't happen.....LOL

Thankfully, I've avoided any accidents....but as a noob, I can see now it could happen. They don't call it a Crackberry for nothing!!
    Last edited by Networth; 12-23-08 at 02:42 PM. Reason: misspellling
    12-23-08 02:42 PM
    My 16yr old sister totaled my dads 2006 mustang gt because she was texting.

Did she learn her lesson.....nope. She still texts while driving, I will not get in the car if she is driving. I value life too much lol.

I never touch my phone when I'm driving other then to answer a call or dial a call. Other then that keep it in my pocket.
    12-23-08 02:46 PM
    I travel around the country a lot and I've seen everything imaginable going on in a car. You can always tell a talking/texting driver - - they slow down and weave in their lane. On a very sad note a woman on her cell swerved into a young bicyclist (in the bike lane) two weeks ago here in Fort Collins, CO. The young girl died and I'm sure the woman wants to.
    I heard that on the news. I live in Longmont. How tragic!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-08 02:51 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD