When i got my storm i had a Air bubble under the factory screen protector. After riping it off it was endless screen proctors on there it seemed like... I had to have ripped off about 6 of them is this normal or did i just ruin my screen on the first day?
    01-05-09 11:53 PM
    there the stock screen still on it? gotta look CLOSE...
    01-06-09 12:01 AM
    i tore mine off the first day i got mine, but havent noticed any further stock protectors
    01-06-09 12:31 AM
    6... no. There's (1) with that half screen instructional crap plastic stuck on top of the main screen protector. If you take the main one off, you take the instructional one on the bottom off (which most of the time is damn near impossible to take off without taking the main protector off as well). After that, there's nothing but screen. If you took off 6, you must of got a used Storm or something. Weird... you sure it was 6 or are you exagerating. It's not an onion you know... there aren't that many layers on there.
    01-06-09 12:36 AM
    Lol 6. You must be smoking

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-09 12:47 AM
    What you say willis? U had six protectors on ur storm one right over the over? Or since taking the one that came with the storm u have gone thru six more?

I still have mine on from when the phone came. Was near perfect save too tinny bubbles on the edge which I smoothed out. My twin still has hers on too. No complaints here.

If it was six yes that seems a bit excessive to me. How was ur screen clicking and touching? Difficult or just fine? Do tell as I'm quite curious now!
    01-06-09 01:36 AM
    even if it's used or a refurb there is no way there should be 6 layers of anything on there...

Button Guide
    1 Protector
    Screen

that's it
    01-06-09 08:32 AM
    My original Storm had 5. Ordered from Telesales Nov 19th 08. It was a Canadian version. My replacement had two and its made in Mexico.
    01-06-09 11:28 AM
    thats crazy.....i don't beleive there was 6 on there
    01-06-09 11:33 AM
    My storm had one screen protector on it from packaging and 2 on the protectors I bought for it. Make sure you take them all off or else the screen will not look right and I suspect you will have an air bubble issue.

01-06-09 11:42 AM
    I had 2 screen protectors, plus the button guide on top. Also 'Hecho en M�xico'
    01-06-09 11:51 AM
    When i first got my storm there was 2 small bubbles and 1 medium size bubble on the original screen protector, i slowly pushed the bubbles out the side and still have the stock protector on.
    01-06-09 12:10 PM
    There is only one. The stock protector on my first storm had no bubbles and was put on there perfectly. The replacement storm screen protector had a lot of bubbles and the edges were peeling. Took those off immediately and placed skins on my storm.

01-06-09 12:29 PM
    2 protectors came on mine along with the instructional things.
    01-06-09 12:40 PM
    My launch storm only had one stock protector on it. I've noticed some people saying that they had 2 and even one said they had 5. If this is the case, that can explain why some people are having issues using the screen on the storm. One good thing about having multiple stock protectors on the device is that you never have to worry about easily ruining the screen.

01-06-09 01:42 PM
    I got a brand new Storm today to replace my original one (won't go into the whole story here but the new one is going back). Anyway, from reading CB the past few weeks about this same issue about the stock protectors, when I opened up the NIB (new in box) Storm, I took pictures of the screen protectors that come with a new Storm. I can confirm there is only 2 - the half screen one and the full screen one below it. I used my original Storm to take the pictures of the removal of the protectors:

Last edited by Vulcan500Rider; 01-06-09 at 08:04 PM.
    01-06-09 07:58 PM
    On the screen itself, I can also confirm just two.

Were you referring to unwrapping multiple protectors on the black bezels?

01-07-09 11:57 AM
    Or maybe there was a problem on the production line and the screen protector was laid on several times by the machine, or the machine just laid out that many onto the unit because it got jammed or something.

My unit only had the one protector and the instructions, my brother's first one had two protectors and the instructions, his second had only one and the instructions.
    01-07-09 12:05 PM
    Sounds like someone in packing had fun with the protector machine.
    01-07-09 12:17 PM
    Lol. The blackberry onion

01-07-09 12:58 PM
    Mine had the mini one at that bottom with the writing on it. Underneath that one was the "soft" plastic one that people keep refering to as their screen protector "bubbling". That one peels off. It's the protective plastic layer most reputable electronic companies put on cell phone screen, DVD player screens, MP3 player screens, etc that are SUPPOSED to be peeled off by the consumer when they receive the product. Underneath THAT layer which is supposed to come off is the "hard" screen protector that is supposed to protect the screen. It's made of a harder plastic and does not bubble easily and you won't be able to tear it with your finger nail or have it pull away from the phone if you run your fingernail over it. Some people are not taking the "soft" layer off and complaing about bubbles and it coming apart. I've had the phone since Nov 25th and the only problem with the hard protectors is that over time they show swirls and slight scrapes from your fingers and particles being scrapped on them. I guess the best comparison would be like the clear coat on a car's paint. I bought the body/screen protector's from Best Skins Ever which are made of a softer rubber like film which worked great on the Pearls screen and body because it doesn't scratch because it's soft but those are gummier and I was worried about putting them on a touch screen phone that your fingers are supposed to be sliding across all the time to make the phone function. Interested to know from someone who has installed the screen protector from Best Screens Ever or PhantomsSkinz on their screen how it's held up over time and how the finger swiping is working with them on their Storm.
    Last edited by kidqwik; 01-07-09 at 01:36 PM.
    01-07-09 01:30 PM
    Last night I had a dream about pulling about 5 screen protectors off my storm and not knowing what the **** was going on. I'm not even joking.

This is getting bad.
    01-07-09 01:32 PM
    Last night I had a dream about pulling about 5 screen protectors off my storm and not knowing what the **** was going on. I'm not even joking.

This is getting bad.
    Haha ... so yeah I did put one over my 2 already on there before I read this and got curious and found two. So I just left those stock ones on because they are fairly thin and noticed less problem on the keyboard/screen and it didn't feel as bulky when I pressed. Although I never really had a problem anyways I can see how people might.
    01-07-09 01:36 PM
    Mine had the mini one at that bottom with the writing on it. Underneath that one was the "soft" plastic one that people keep refering to as their screen protector "bubbling". That one peels off. It's the protective plastic layer most reputable electronic companies put on cell phone screen, DVD player screens, MP3 player screens, etc that are SUPPOSED to be peeled off by the consumer when they receive the product. Underneath THAT layer which is supposed to come off is the "hard" screen protector that is supposed to protect the screen. It's made of a harder plastic and does not bubble easily and you won't be able to tear it with your finger nail or have it pull away from the phone if you run your fingernail over it. Some people are not taking the "soft" layer off and complaing about bubbles and it coming apart. I've had the phone since Nov 25th and the only problem with the hard protectors is that over time they show swirls and slight scrapes from your fingers and particles being scrapped on them. I guess the best comparison would be like the clear coat on a car's paint. I bought the body/screen protector's from Best Skins Ever which are made of a softer rubber like film which worked great on the Pearls screen and body because it doesn't scratch because it's soft but those are gummier and I was worried about putting them on a touch screen phone that your fingers are supposed to be sliding across all the time to make the phone function. Interested to know from someone who has installed the screen protector from Best Screens Ever or PhantomsSkinz on their screen how it's held up over time and how the finger swiping is working with them on their Storm.
    Are you sure? I thought is was - Half protector with writting, screen protector then the GLASS. Ive never heard of a hard plastic protector over the glass on the storm.
    01-07-09 01:40 PM
    Are you sure? I thought is was - Half protector with writting, screen protector then the GLASS. Ive never heard of a hard plastic protector over the glass on the storm.
    Yes. I'm not talking about like a hard plastic like a case, etc. I'm refering to the screen protector being made of harder material(not sure it it's vinyl, acrylic). It's the same type of screen protectors you buy in the three pack or whatever at a Verizon store. Above that layer though when I got my phone there was another layer that was protecting the screen protector if you will that also covered the whole screen. On top of that there was the clear sticker that says Menu Key and Escape Key. If you look at the picture in this thread that shows the bottom part of the phone that asmallchild(crackberry user, not an actual small child :b) posted you can see all three layers. If you look on the sides where the screen meets the sides of the phone you will see air pockets(bubbling) under the layer that peels off. If you see air pockets on your screen or bubbles you haven't actually taken the layer off that protects the screen protector. I know, it makes no sense. I've never seen a product that has a screen protector on it that has another layer on top of the screen protector to protect the screen protector before. Normally there is a layer on top of phone screens that peels off when you take it out of the box and then there is the screen. If you want to install a screen protector you buy it and install it itself. For the Storm though it appears they took the extra step to install a screen protector on the glass screen and on top of that screen protector they put another layer to protect the screen protector during shipping. The bottom layer, the actual screen protector for the glass screen does have the ever so slightest gap here and there where you can actually see the glass screen on the edge. Here's a pic of my phone after the key sticker and screen protector's protector have been removed and there is just the screen protector and the phone. The second image is from the one in the thread that has a picture of the phone out of the box that has the small key sticker on it, the screen protector's protector, annnd the glass screen's screen protector. If you see those kinds of edges where i put the arrows in the second pic that look like there is bubbles or empty space on the sides of your phone then you haven't removed the screen protector's protector.

First Pic = my phone
    Where the red line is, is where the edge of the screen protector meets the glass. Where the yellow line is, is where the edge of the glass meets the sides of the phone.

2nd Pic = phone out the box with Menu Key and Escape sticker, Screen Protector's Protector, AND Screen Protector on top of glass screen. Red arrows point to what you see if you do not remove the Screen Protector's Protector.

Last edited by kidqwik; 01-07-09 at 03:32 PM.
    01-07-09 02:52 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD