I usually get mine on the first ring as I found out on a ghost tour lulz. A few people pooped haha

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-09 08:07 AM
    I see many people here have not considered that this is a problem even with a blue tooth ear piece and no ringer at all on the phone. Adjusting the ringer will not make a difference on some days. Taking out the vibe will just add a pause instead of the vibe, you just do not notice it.

I really think it comes down to network traffic and what your storm is doing when the call comes in.
    03-03-09 08:07 AM
    I really think it comes down to network traffic and what your storm is doing when the call comes in.
    Part of the problem may indeed be the network. I had the same issue with my Treo 700. It would ring once, I'd pick up and the call was ended and VM was being activated. ??Would a call to VZW CS do anything to help??
    03-03-09 08:24 AM
    I hear my storm vibrate before I feel it lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-09 08:31 AM
    Part of the problem may indeed be the network. I had the same issue with my Treo 700. It would ring once, I'd pick up and the call was ended and VM was being activated. ??Would a call to VZW CS do anything to help??
    Ditto.

I'm having the same issue and it's not a ring/vib setting issue. It's the number of rings a caller hears prior to when my Storm starts to register that it has an incoming call. I had the same issue with my Treo 700wx. People would hear at least 3 rings before my phone (both Storm & Treo) would start ringing and or vibrating. I thought the issue was my Treo but the issue followed me to my Storm. I'm beginning to think its a network issue.

I've noticed that if my wife calls me from her cell phone, a Storm also, it's worse. About 50% of the calls from her are missed. Maybe due to her impatience or maybe it's just me not wanting to pick up! Just kidding! (she might see this post!)

Kidding aside, it is worse from her phone to mine. I was frustrated by her hanging up on me as I was picking up so in her presence I did a test and there is about a 3-4 ring lag between the 2 phones.
    03-03-09 08:39 AM
    I don't know if this will help, but for people on Verizon, if you update the roaming feature by dialing *228

I know I had a problem where my phone would ring once, then go right to VM. This fixed it.
    Good thought. I'm going to try this. I'm not roaming but if the roaming info is not up to date maybe it could delay my phone registering an incoming call.
    03-03-09 08:43 AM
    I had this happen with plenty of phones (don't know that I have this problem with my bb) ... however, when it's been pointed out to me, I call my provider. Usually they tell me I need to bring the phone in so they can update something but upon occasion they have told me the steps to do it from a landline.

This is also what I have to do when I want to set my number of rings before it goes into my voicemail. (I think I have 4 set right now)
    03-26-09 02:14 PM
    My phone rings,
    I hear it,
    I pick it up,
    the screen rotates the other way, so I flip it to hit the button and then it flips back the other way.
    by the time I get it to stop, the call has already gone to VM

I just turned my phone ringer to none and check my voice mail.
    03-26-09 02:17 PM
    My phone rings,
    I hear it,
    I pick it up,
    the screen rotates the other way, so I flip it to hit the button and then it flips back the other way.

Happens to me TOO much.
    03-26-09 02:24 PM
    You Can Buy A Program Like Ring & Vibrate For Like $7.99 In Crackberry's App Center. I'm Used To The Phone Vibrating And Ringing Simultaneously, So It Was A Must Purchase For Me. You Can Set Up How Long The Vibrate Last And How Far Apart From Each Other, Its Not Bad.
    There's actually a free app called BuzzMe that works well
    03-26-09 03:54 PM
    I think this might be a software problem. It has to do with how often the Storm polls the nearest cell phone tower for calls. I know it can be adjusted on WinMo phones but not sure about Blackberries.
    03-26-09 04:07 PM
    My phone rings,
    I hear it,
    I pick it up,

Why use the touchscreen at all? Just press the Answer soft key.
    03-26-09 04:20 PM
    My storm usually gets me on the 2nd to last ring. Its kind of annoying, but I dont mind cause I dont use the phone part that much anyways.
    03-26-09 04:28 PM
    I'm lucky to hear my phone period. Even with volume on 10 and sound on Loud. Just very weak volume IMHO.
    03-26-09 04:52 PM
    Why use the touchscreen at all? Just press the Answer soft key.
    I was just about to say that. I always use the soft key to answer and end the call.
    03-26-09 05:07 PM
    There's actually a free app called BuzzMe that works well
    Works perfectly. Exactly what I was looking for, and was about to buy that other application. Thanks for posting it!!!!
    Last edited by Pr0metheus; 03-26-09 at 05:12 PM.
    03-26-09 05:10 PM
    Well, the problem is that if I do not hear the first 3 rings, the client on the other end will start to formulate an opinion and/or become impatient. If I hear two rings the client has heard as many as 5, or has gone to VM. That does not lend itself to sounding or acting in a professional manner IMHO.

I see another thread on the front page about this issue, maybe it can shed some light.
    I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND your frustration and see where you are coming from. I am self-employed...if people get even the slightest notion they aren't first in your Q, then it is off to Google, Bing, or the Phonebook. We live in a convenience based society - plain and simple. It may not be right, but it's a fact. If people begin to perceive you don't answer your phone in an efficient manner, they can quickly begin to think negatively about the efficiency of the service that you are offering. This is the reality in the fast paced society we live in today...anybody that thinks otherwise is simply fooling themselves. They need to get it fixed, period. I hear about 2 to 2.5 rings on the land line before it registers on my CrackBerry. I have Verizon Wireless service in northeast Indiana.
    06-17-09 01:03 AM
    For me it depends on if it is a custom ringer for a person in my contact list. I seem to hear an unknown caller faster than a friend.
    06-17-09 01:18 AM
    My wife says that when she calls it rings for ever but it only rings 1 or 2 rings on my end.
    Because it's connecting to the phone. That takes a few secs. Most of the time, it's near instant.
    06-17-09 01:59 AM
    FWIW I just tested this:

If I use a stock sound profile (loud, medium, etc) I will hear the ringtone on the 2-3 ring. If I use a custom profile I made (vibrate on), I will hear the ringtone on the 1-2 ring. I always hear/ feel the vibrate on the first ring.

I tested this by calling my storm from my work phone (land line) a few times with each profile.

Edit: running .148
    Last edited by dxm113; 06-17-09 at 09:23 AM.
    06-17-09 09:20 AM
70 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD