Hey Guys,

I am sure that the answer to this is mixed in a hundred differed threads, BUT, I figured let me ask the question and see if I can get the answers all in one thread.

Of the people on here that are happy with their storms, how many have come from a Blackberry Curve. And even though you are happy with it, is there anything you miss about the Curve. My Storm will be delivered tomorrow so I will be able to make my own judgment then, BUT, in the meantime would love to hear what other ex curvers think about the storm..

Steve
    11-30-08 10:43 AM
    Had the Curve I absolutely loved it. I sold it to a friend who I see often and miss it more every time I use the physical keyboard or the trackball, but all in all I like the Storm a lot, there's nothing wrong with it except my camera not working (phone is a defect, waiting on my store to get a new one to exchange), especially with the new update. I might go back to the Curve though only because I am constantly using my phone to text, I mean constantly, I push 10-14,000 texts a month and I do like the SureType, but the qwerty on the touch isn't as fast as the Curve, even with now 9 days of solid use on it I can't quite get the qwerty on this Storm down correctly.
    11-30-08 10:48 AM
    I just went Curve -> Storm

The only gripe I have is when I want to call someone I can't start spelling out their name on the phone keypad and have it pull up automagically from contacts like on the Curve. You have to actually go into Contacts and click on them
    11-30-08 10:49 AM
    I love it from the touch screen to the size and vibrancy of it the functionality of it. Still learning it and lovin it.
    11-30-08 10:50 AM
    i had a curve also......now my wife has it and loves it. its her first blackberry....but im loving the storm especially after the update
    11-30-08 10:53 AM
    i loved my curve,,,im growing into my storm,,,the curve was so much faster at beiing a phone,,email was just as quick and typing was like nitrous...storm is just the latest,,thats the only reason i got it and am keeping it
    11-30-08 11:00 AM
    I loved my Curve. Alot of the shortcuts I was able to do from the physical keyboard are gone. There are shortcuts on the Storm too, but it just takes a little while to get used to it.
    At first I really missed the keyboard, but I am getting more and more comfortable with it.
    The screen is AWESOME. After using it for a few days, then picking up my Curve I know I can't go back.
    Have patience, get time to know it and you should like it.... (touchscreen isn't for everybody)
    Also not much support for 3rd party apps yet, but I'm sure they are coming.
    11-30-08 11:05 AM

The only gripe I have is when I want to call someone I can't start spelling out their name on the phone keypad and have it pull up automagically from contacts like on the Curve. You have to actually go into Contacts and click on them
    I type thier names all the time, just click the Find field the KB will pop up and type away.

But I also came from a curve, I do miss the keyboard but im getting used to the storm and w/ the new os update its even better now.
    11-30-08 11:08 AM
    I came from the Curve and was worried I would miss the keyboard but The storm has grown on me. I love it. I love the brower and large screen.
    11-30-08 11:11 AM
    I came from a Curve to the Storm. WIth the latest Storm update I am loving it even more. I liked my Curve so much I actually had 2. I just gave my Curve away finally but only after I was satisfied with the Storm. Another thing; the Storm has a learning curve, i've had mine a week and i'm still learning.
    11-30-08 11:11 AM
    I miss the keyboard and the shortcuts for dialing, but I am getting better on the keyboard.
    11-30-08 11:15 AM
    I was a curve user (courtesy of work giving me one) now im a Stormer.

Loving it.
    11-30-08 11:16 AM
    Previous Curve user here also...Getting used to the screen on the Storm, but getting faster everyday.
    11-30-08 11:21 AM
    This was great feedback! The concern about not being able to just start typing someones name is a big concern of mine that i noticed when playing with one in the store the other day. Just typing the name is so much easier then the added step of goinginto contacts and find. If you could go into landscape while in the dialer I think it would be similar to the curve.... I will give the storm the full 30 day shot. If I love it I keep it. If not I return it and fire up the curve again. I do a lot of texts/emails a day and I am concerned about not having a physical keypad. We shall see.....
    11-30-08 11:22 AM
    This older, but oh well.
    Let's just say I were to buy a cheap Curve from a friend who was going to a new provider and have it (the Curve), as well as the Storm.
    If I wanted to switch from the Storm to the Curve, just on occasions when I feel like it, or for whatever reason.
    Would it be a pain to switch back and forth between them just whenever?
    All I'd have to do it go on Verizon, go switch the ESN, go on the BB website, change devices, and resend my service books, simple as that right? So if I wanted, I could go back and forth in a matter of minutes?
    12-08-08 09:03 AM
    me and i dont miss the keyboard...i cant type just as good..
    12-08-08 09:10 AM
    I came from a Curve 8330. It's been an easy transition, but I do miss some of the functions like speed letter dialing.
    12-08-08 09:12 AM
    I've actually found myself typing much faster on the storm than I did on the curve. And i def don't miss the trackball getting stuck on the curve. THe curve was a great phone, but the storm is a whole new level.
    12-08-08 09:35 AM
    I had a Pearl, then bought my wife a Curve, loved that so much, sold my Pearl on ebay and got myself a Curve. Loved the Pearl, then the Curve even more. I noe love the Storm. Love having no physical keyboard. My Storm came with OS .65, I found it only SLIGHTY laggy, but updraded to .75 and much better. I also do not experience a single issue on the phone that has been highly complained about in this forum.
    12-08-08 07:39 PM
    I had a Curve, and it was the best phone I ever owned, before getting a Storm. I just let it go this past Saturday. Gave it to my sister who was using a pearl that was a few years old...and looked it. When I got that ****ty G1 from T-Mobile I missed my Curve big time. Matter of fact, I took that phone back and went back to my curve and decided to wait for the Storm. Couldn't have been happier, but leaving my Curve was a hard thing to do
    12-08-08 07:46 PM

I have to agree with fimchick. I came from the Curve and making basic phone calls was a heck of a lot easier. Typing is also quicker on the Curve. I've had my Storm since release day with Verizon and even though I'm getting faster at typing, I still find there's a limit to how fast I can type.

That said, I don't think I would ever go back to the Curve. The browser and screen of the Storm are excellent, I really haven't had any major issues, and once the 3rd party apps come out, I think it's gonna be excellent.
    Last edited by alspharmd; 12-08-08 at 07:57 PM.
    12-08-08 07:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD