I was just wondering if it's me or not, but i have to charge my battery pretty much every 12 hours or so. I don't even get a full day out of it most of the time. Is this common for blackberries, particularly the storm? This is my first blackberry, and im used to not having to charge my dumbphones this often.
    09-02-09 06:14 PM
    I have the stock battery, which lasted when I first got it maybe 8 - 10 hours with regular use.
    Then I bought a big 2600mA battery from Seidio and that would last 50+ hours with regular use for me.
    Maybe 1 - 2 hours of talk-time a day, turning off radio while i sleep, e-mail and sms, etc.

Finally I went back and tried the regular battery after becoming more comfortable with flashing, wiping the storm, and now I can get close to 20 hours with regular use.

So I'm not sure what changed from when I first got it to now, but I'm sure there was something left over that was eating up the battery until I did a wipe on it this time around.
    09-02-09 06:37 PM
    Mines a day cuz i beon it like 24 7. Playing games,texting, emails, web browsing, bb messenger, and making calls.
    09-02-09 06:41 PM
    My battery lasts one and a half with regular use, browsing, text, calls, I'm, emails
    09-02-09 06:53 PM
    I get about 14 hours and I think I would say its during daily heavy useage
    09-02-09 06:56 PM
    i can burn through a battery in less than 12 hours with heavy BBM/txt/email...but with streaming media while working and walking around, taking the bus to/from work or school...i can get a good day...meaning from when i leave home until when i get home...i have two batteries, and strategic chargers left in places just in case...but if you're not using music, and using the phone you should get enough to not have to charge it until you get home or at night...however you wanna look at it
    09-02-09 07:00 PM
    I get a good day to a day and a half out of mine with medium to heavy use.
    09-02-09 07:03 PM
    I usually have around 30% at the end of a work day. Which I would say is very heavy use.
    09-02-09 07:08 PM
    My battery varies on days I'm bored @ work my battery will last 5 hrs. But I am on the web & u tube messenger.
    Other days it will last all day.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-09 08:32 PM
    The times I let the battery drain completely, it had lasted a little over 48 hours. On any given day, it's around 60-70% at the end of the day. The phone is still using the standard battery.

On heavy e-mail or phone days, the battery drains faster. Hardly ever use the phone for browser.
    09-02-09 08:41 PM
    I was just wondering if it's me or not, but i have to charge my battery pretty much every 12 hours or so. I don't even get a full day out of it most of the time. Is this common for blackberries, particularly the storm? This is my first blackberry, and im used to not having to charge my dumbphones this often.
    i get about the same. it kinda sucks but i can't do much about it. i just carry an adapter from motorla. most ppl have a standard usb plug lying around so having that adapter is all i need to charge my phone. much cheaper solution than getting a next battery or carrying chargers.
    09-02-09 08:42 PM
    Hopefully the battery life on the S2 will be better. Thanks guys!

09-02-09 08:46 PM
    im usually get from 12 to 14 hours out of it depends if im at the fire house or not, (playing games, emails, BBM, texting or talking on phone). have wall charger and car chargeron stand by most of time......
    09-02-09 09:19 PM
    I use mine with Bluetooth all day and get 15 hours.

09-02-09 09:49 PM
    Like many others have posted, I get well over 24 hrs with mine. Lots of emailing & texting. Limited phone calls. Quite a bit of internet use too. I love the battery on this phone compared to any other touch screen device out there
    09-02-09 10:14 PM
    After heavy use at the end of the day I am usually at 40 - 50 %.
    09-02-09 10:17 PM
    I mine alot. I am usally lucky to get a full day out of it. the weekends are better though.
    09-02-09 10:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD