The battery life is horrible. I charged it fully and took it off the charger at midnight. I went to sleep and woke up at 6am and it was half depleted. This should not be the case when the features say it has more then 300 hrs of standby. By 9:30 I wrote a couple of emails and it was down to its last bar!
    12-02-08 09:47 AM
    2 hrs talk, 2 hrs music, YIM / AIM / ICQ constantly running, web browsing w/ downloads, little camera use, myspace once, youtube a little.

12 hr period, 45% battery. Couple things: no holster, bluetooth always on, memory cleaning active, I usually close every app (but the constant ones) and radio is set for 1XEV only with the VZ sim card removed.

Last bit is because I have no intentions to roam onto a gsm network so there is no reason for the gsm radio to be active and looking for a signal.
    Last edited by kuroshio; 12-02-08 at 10:04 AM.
    12-02-08 10:01 AM
    I am a very heavy user.. 50-100 emails/sms/mms per day... 60 min of talking on average... and I CAN'T PUT IT DOWN! I don't wuite get a day out iof it but it has improved over .65 quite a bit. I think the case will help with sleep mode and the ext batt when it is available..
    12-02-08 10:05 AM
    I was having battery issues as well, but I let the battery fully drain then charged it overnight and now I have no issues. Lasts all day with heavy use and then some.

I think you need to drain the battery completely and then fully charge to have the full capacity.
    12-02-08 10:21 AM
    I have been off of work since getting the Storm debut weekend.
    So I have not used it like I will when I get back to the streets.

I did play around with it quite a bit to get used to all of the nifty reasons we all wanted the Storm.

My Battery would only last 16-18 hrs.
    I called VZW and they gladley sent a replacement Battery.
    I charged overnight, and purposely didn't use the phone after it was charged. It is in the holster and suppose to be in "sleep" mode.

It only lasted 15hrs before getting down to 10%.
    For a phone that is supose to have 15.5 days of standby, this was not acceptable. I could deal with 3,4 like to have 5or 6 days. My treo would last 2-3 days with normal use.

I called VZW again and they are replacing the device.

I am conflicted with the option, because:
    -I have a great click screen,
    -I have a great accelerometer,
    - I have installed a $24 Ghost-armor and I love it, being as anal as I am about my electronic device. I said anal, not OCD.......LOL

Hope this helps some of you with other Battery issues.

Does anyone have ny suggestons about how I could get VZW to credit me for the $24 GA product? I asked but was shut down.
    Last edited by Zooooom; 12-02-08 at 12:17 PM. Reason: SP
    12-02-08 12:15 PM
    check the back of your batteries, there are apparently two versions of that batteries. one with a compacity of 1380 and a second version with a compacity of 1400.
    mine is the 1380 and seems to only last a day, although i do fool with it a lot.
    12-02-08 11:18 PM
    My big problem is my job. I have very bad reception which depletes the battery faster since it is constantly hunting for a better signel. It does not help either that my house is the same way. I am pondering some signal boosters.
    12-03-08 12:18 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD