How long does Verizon give you to be able to swap in your defective Storm/9530 for a replacement? (i.e. unresponsive touchscreen, dust etc...) Ive seen 1 year? 6 months? Which is it?
    02-16-10 03:05 PM
    its 1 year replacement for defective devices which dust or touchscreen would fall under, after that you have to go through insurance if you have it.
    02-16-10 03:13 PM
    1 year from your purchase date from an vzw or authorize vzw reseller. not from ebay or craigslist lol
    02-16-10 03:15 PM
    This also depends on what Insurance Plan you have. If you have the Total Equipment Protection plan, the 1 year manufacturer's warranty is extended to 2 years under the Insurance Plan. This means that you can swap the device out anytime within the first 2 years after purchase/activation as long as it's not user damaged (i.e. normal failure and such) without having to pay the deductable and the replacement comes directly from Verizon and NOT Asurion. The only time Asurion is involved is if you've caused damage to the unit yourself (i.e. water, boken, cracked screen, etc.)
    02-16-10 03:38 PM
    I got a replacement for a phone that I purchased from EBAY, and that had taken a dip in the pool. The phone had been properly dried out and was working fine. I complained that people were complaining that they could not understand me on the phone. VZW replaced the phone knowing that I got it from EBAY. They said one time good deal. Try, Try, Try! You never know. But I have replaced a pearl twice and a storm once. Know friends that get phones replaced without issue.
    02-16-10 03:38 PM
    Hmmm... Yeah I got my brand new 9530 from Verizon in December '08 and swapped that one about 6 months later because the screen stopped clicking. So since were past December '09 it seems i am INNELIGIBLE for a swap going forward huh??? It seems my storms last about six months before starting to **** out
    02-16-10 04:26 PM
    This also depends on what Insurance Plan you have. If you have the Total Equipment Protection plan, the 1 year manufacturer's warranty is extended to 2 years under the Insurance Plan. This means that you can swap the device out anytime within the first 2 years after purchase/activation as long as it's not user damaged (i.e. normal failure and such) without having to pay the deductable and the replacement comes directly from Verizon and NOT Asurion. The only time Asurion is involved is if you've caused damage to the unit yourself (i.e. water, boken, cracked screen, etc.)
    Guess I should check into that... thanks!
    02-16-10 04:27 PM
    Guess I should check into that... thanks!
    Also, the new replacement has a 90 day warranty tied to it or the remainder of your current warranty period, whichever is longer. Just FYI...

So technically, let's say you don't have the more expensive insurance policy and you replace your phone on the last day of the last month of your standard 1 year warranty. The new replacement phone is under a 90 day replacement warranty after that, so if it fails again within those 90 days, you're covered and it gets replaced with yet another one with 90 days or warranty.
    02-16-10 04:41 PM
    i got a yr
    02-16-10 05:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD