Hi ya'll,

I just got my blackberry storm about 3 weeks ago, and I also managed to get myself a new car (how modern am I?) and I wanted to know what do I need to listen to mp3's from my blackberry to my car. The car I have is a '09 toyota camry SE and it has the original radio. Do I need to get a specific cable?

Please help!
    Navi
    09-14-09 07:50 PM
    If your car has an Auxiliary port, you just need an auxiliary cable. Enjoy!
    09-14-09 07:51 PM
    If it has an Auxillary connection(looks like a standard headphone jack) all you need is a auxillary audio cable (looks like a headphone wire with the metal connector on each end instead of just one side) If not, i think you can use an FM transitor.
    09-14-09 07:54 PM
    If it has an Auxillary connection(looks like a standard headphone jack) all you need is a auxillary audio cable (looks like a headphone wire with the metal connector on each end instead of just one side) If not, i think you can use an FM transitor.
    You can, but a 3.5mm to 3.5mm is definitely the way to go if you can.
    09-14-09 07:57 PM
    Most new cars have the auxillary jacks. You can pick up an FM transmitter at Best Buy. Keep in mind the quality will be much better if you can use the auxilliary cable.
    09-14-09 08:01 PM
    bluetooth maybe?
    09-14-09 08:01 PM
    I just ordered a aux for 0.79 and free shipping off ebay still waiting for it. But I also got a storm usb cable for 1.50 free shipping that works perfectly.. Check ebay

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-09 08:42 PM
    Tape deck connection... old school and cheap. I feel lucky to have it. I hate messing with the radio connections(more expensive and hassle of changing stations if you travel).

If no aux connection, I bet its possible to wire in a 3.5mm and splice.

It's also nice for making phone calls. I just have a bit of a volume issue(phone vs music), and have to click "handsfree" after I answer.
    09-14-09 10:35 PM
    Rip that radio out of there and install a nice indash navigation with bluetooth. But I'm biased since installing systems is my job

09-14-09 10:40 PM
    I picked up a FM transmitter from Radio Shack. It works great. Best part is that during parties, I can just connect the transmitter, start Pandora and set it near the radio. The sound quality is great. It also works good for playing the sound from the movies on my BB over the car radio.
    09-15-09 06:58 AM
    You can, but a 3.5mm to 3.5mm is definitely the way to go if you can.
    that's what i have..
    09-15-09 08:04 AM
    Where can I find a 3.5 male to 3.5 male adapter to connect BB to car's aux input jack?

Does Crackberry store have that connector? Supplier & part number?

Thanks.
    11-01-09 09:51 AM
    11-01-09 01:11 PM
    Where can I find a 3.5 male to 3.5 male adapter to connect BB to car's aux input jack?

Thanks.
    Any radio shack .. most stores like Best Buy and whatnot ..
    11-01-09 01:15 PM

Thanks.
    Ebay is super cheap if you can wait for it to be shipped.

11-01-09 02:13 PM
    Tape deck connection... old school and cheap. I feel lucky to have it. I hate messing with the radio connections(more expensive and hassle of changing stations if you travel).

If no aux connection, I bet its possible to wire in a 3.5mm and splice.

It's also nice for making phone calls. I just have a bit of a volume issue(phone vs music), and have to click "handsfree" after I answer.
    Works great in my Jeep
    11-01-09 02:38 PM
    My cd player doesn't have a port to plug in an aux cable. is there anything i can get that will plug into my car lighter that will enable me to use my bb to play music?
    11-05-09 11:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD