I have the voice mail icon stuck on my screen, i have visual voicemail and it is empty but the icon for the regular voice mail on the main screen will not go away. My wife has the same issue.
    02-03-09 10:20 PM
    Try a nice battery pull.
    02-03-09 10:23 PM
    Try a nice battery pull.
    And if that doesn't work, do a mean battery pull. I can do a mean battery pull... just sayin.
    02-03-09 10:24 PM
    Did that several times no go.
    02-03-09 10:24 PM
    And if that doesn't work, do a mean battery pull. I can do a mean battery pull... just sayin.
    And if that doesn't work, do a sad battery pull.

Might as well try everything...
    02-03-09 10:25 PM
    what you mean without shutting down first?
    02-03-09 10:25 PM
    Try dialing *86 to access your voicemail and then make sure there arent any residing on the server...then if that doesnt work, there's an option in the IVR menu somewhere to turn notification off. (Think it's like 4 then 3.) If that doesn't work, then do a Neutral Battery Pull..don't wanna be too mean or nice to the battery.

And yes, without shutting it down first.
    02-03-09 10:27 PM
    what you mean without shutting down first?
    Of course. You are refreshing the device, basically.
    02-03-09 10:27 PM
    delete all your messages both on the phone and from dialing your vm. Leave yourself a message, get it and then delete it. If that doesn't work, dial *228 and then repeat the process. If that doesnt work, call tech support and have them take vvm off and then put it back on. Have them leave you a vm and see if you can delete it and get rid of the icon.

I had to do the latter to get that fixed for me. Its a carrier issue not a storm one, fyi.

Good luck and lets us know what happens.

BTW, I had to tell the tech person what to do to correct the prob so dont be shy. If what they offer you in terms of steps do not work, tell them what to do.
    02-03-09 10:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD