I am not sure I am keeping mine. The idea of using liquid on my Storm does not inspire confidence. I bought it at 50% off ($12.95), but the install doesn't seem as easy as they make it.

I bought a snap-on case from VZW to go with my leather side holster.
    01-19-09 08:03 PM
    I'd say stick with the invisible shield. It's easy to install. The liquid makes it easy to "slide it" into place. I installed it and I've been loving it, even though I only got a 20% discount.

I tried the whole key thing, and not even a scratch. The thing about a case is, that when dirt gets between your Storm and the case, it'll rub against the Storm, scratching it. With the shield, you can use the phone without a case, or just throw a skin on it. Plus if you don't do it right the first time, you can do it again, without damaging the shield, or leaving a mark on the storm.

Installation took me 20 minutes. Just make sure not to put excess solution on it, so that there's not much to squeegee out. If it makes you feel any better, it quickly evaporates, and putting some rice on the phone will soak up excess moisture
    01-19-09 08:17 PM
    20 minutes?! Took me a fairly stressful hour but it is well worth it! I worked out all imperfections with the provided rubber thing and after the second day it was flawless.

I also had to get a replacement Storm and took the old IS off, put it on a piece of paper and sent it back to them. They promptly sent me a brand new box! Love em.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-09 08:25 PM
    I got my blackberries invisishield done at a kiosk inside my mall. If your not confident in doing it just take it to them. Just a 10 dollar fee for them to install. But the storm will take them about 45 minutes to install.
    01-19-09 08:41 PM
    I'm with thalmmortal on that one. It took me 20 minutes and 2 screens to do just the screen. Then again, I'm pretty clumsy.

01-19-09 09:11 PM
    I got my blackberries invisishield done at a kiosk inside my mall. If your not confident in doing it just take it to them. Just a 10 dollar fee for them to install. But the storm will take them about 45 minutes to install.
    45minutes?!! $10?!! Either you're exaggerating, greatly, or you got ripped.

Listen, do it yourself. Even if you have 2 left thumbs it's hard to get this wrong. The water is merely an assistant to get it centered. You then use the rubber tool to slide as much of the air-bubbles out as possible. Like others have posted, after a couple of days it'll look flawless. I had a large number of air bubbles in my screen and was dissapointed at the results. After 3 days they all worked their way out.

Only thing you need concern yourself with:
    1) Take out the battery - this'll help with shorting out your phone if you use too much water.
    2) Center the Invisishield as much as possible
    3) Work out as much of the air bubbles as you can with the rubber tool
    4) Allow the phone to air dry for a couple of hours before reinserting the battery - just a precaution, honestly.

This shouldn't take any longer than 15 minutes - even with the 2 left thumbs.
    01-20-09 08:16 AM
    I did it and removed it.
    01-20-09 08:22 AM
    I am not sure I am keeping mine. The idea of using liquid on my Storm does not inspire confidence. I bought it at 50% off ($12.95), but the install doesn't seem as easy as they make it.

I bought a snap-on case from VZW to go with my leather side holster.
    It just takes time and patience. take allllll the time you need to get it just how you want it. It is not a contest for how fast you can install it but how well you can.
    01-20-09 08:29 AM
    Ive just finished fitting a Protech Full Body Sheild, only too about 20mins, I used some water with a small drop of washing up liquid in it, I dipped the whole sheild in and dragged off the excess on the edge of the box I had the water in.
    It seems to work a treat, but remember to have very clean hands and work area along with a new clean cloth.
    Its now in the airing cupboard, drying.

Steve
    I paid $12.95 for my IS (used the 50% off coupon code from earlier this month). It took me probably an hour or two to install all the pieces but I was nervous and took my time. Liquid wasn't an issue or concern with me as I went through the process. Just keep a paper towel next to you in case you need to wipe anything up. I've had it on for 2 days now and love it. You can't tell its on the phone at all.
    Where do you buy the invisishield? I don't see it on this site?
    01-20-09 08:43 AM
    Where do you buy the invisishield? I don't see it on this site?
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=tLSZQ8Nr There was a 50% off sale but I think that expired on the 19th. I still have 2 20% discounts if anybody needs them, PM me.
    01-20-09 08:50 AM
    I recently installed mine. It took me within an hour to do it. Plus, it requires patience. After installing, the appearance of the phone looked liked it covered with "micro-bubble".....but in 2-3 days later, the appearance looks beautiful . Can't even tell if the shield exists.
    01-20-09 08:57 AM
    Safe to say that this will make the Storm impenetrable to dust?
    01-20-09 09:23 AM
    For those of you that its only taking 20 minutes are you installing JUST the screen protector or the ENTIRE IS. You can get two sets, one is just for the screen at a reduced price or one that is a whole set and covers the entire phone. I cannot see doing the entire phone in 20 minutes, but hey I am sure there are more coordinated people than I.

I saw them at Best Buy last night for retail price.
    01-20-09 09:34 AM
    Going to try for first time tonight

01-20-09 10:02 AM
    Just put my IS on last night and it went ok. Still about 10 little bubbles but I assume they go away in a few days per everyone's feedback and the instructions. I am worried though about a little white speck in the center of my screen. I washed my hands before applying but it looks like a little dust spec found its way under the coating. I don't see it with black background but it pretty obvious with white screens. What are my options? I assume you can't peel back and reseal?
    01-21-09 06:48 AM
    I purchased the front screen only IS and haven't installed it yet. I too have concerns about the moisture issue and am looking for some reassurance that it's not a problem. The concept of using the spray to help lube the surface and allow the IS to slip and slide into place makes sense. What doesn't make sense is the fact that you're using the "squeegie" thing to basically push the air (and moisture) directly to the sides of the glass and potentially under the glass and into the electronics of the phone. This is what scares me.

The idea of the battery pull makes sense, as well as paper towels to dab the excess water. Anyone else have ideas or suggestions, or am I just being too anal??

A couple of other questions:

- Does anyone find it useful to put business cards along the edges? Even necessary?
    - How much spray is too much?
    - Is there a link to a "How To" install thread or video?
    - Everyone takes off the OEM shield too, right?
    - What's the best way to keep everything clean and free of dust?

Thanks!!
    Last edited by TOBASCO; 01-21-09 at 07:47 AM.
    01-21-09 07:43 AM
    All you have to do to ensure it is put on correctly and will not cause any problems is to just ask somebody at the store where you are getting the shield.

When I had my storm activated at Best Buy, the sales rep put my shield on for me, took less than five minutes, and I have no bubbles and its on perfectly. For those of you worrying about the solution, the sales rep told me its 100% safe to use on the phone and it will not hurt it.

She said it was similiar to the solution they use to tint windows, its hard to get off unless you know how to do it.

So just have the sales rep help you out a little bit, Its their jobs. I still have my first shield on and its spotless. Cannot even tell I have a shield on it.
    01-21-09 09:22 AM
    I purchased the front screen only IS and haven't installed it yet. I too have concerns about the moisture issue and am looking for some reassurance that it's not a problem. The concept of using the spray to help lube the surface and allow the IS to slip and slide into place makes sense. What doesn't make sense is the fact that you're using the "squeegie" thing to basically push the air (and moisture) directly to the sides of the glass and potentially under the glass and into the electronics of the phone. This is what scares me.

The idea of the battery pull makes sense, as well as paper towels to dab the excess water. Anyone else have ideas or suggestions, or am I just being too anal??

A couple of other questions:

- Does anyone find it useful to put business cards along the edges? Even necessary?
    - How much spray is too much?
    - Is there a link to a "How To" install thread or video?
    - Everyone takes off the OEM shield too, right?
    - What's the best way to keep everything clean and free of dust?

Thanks!!
    When i put mine on i turned the phone upside down after applying the screen part and used a paper towel to absorb most of the liquid before laying it flat and using the rubber squeege. also kept the paper towel next to the squeege as i pushed the bubbles out.... had no problems and it was very easy to do.

you really only need about a spray or two depending on the piece

you must take off the OEM shield to install the IS or the phone will be difficult to use.
    01-21-09 01:20 PM
    With full body IS installed, does it still fit in holster?

02-01-09 12:51 PM
    took me about 40 min to put the full body IS on. i DID have to be very careful with the whole install. and once you squeegee all the spray out its pretty much good to go. but i DID fold 4 pieces of paper in half cut the right sizes and slid them in between the screen and the body that way when i squeegeed it to the sides the paper absorbed it instead of the solution getting inside the phone, but my IS is effing baller, works great did the key test also, and i have only one complaint, its a ***** to fit in my charging pod now eventho the IS is only .02 MM thick, but its sturdy as ****.
    02-01-09 12:58 PM
    With full body IS installed, does it still fit in holster?
    well yes it DOES still fit in a holster, BUT just like my charging pod, its a very ight fit, and im hoping that it wont have a long term effect of pulling the IS off, i know it won't cut thru the IS, BUT it could in time start to peel it up by them sides, so i use them minimally since the IS keeps my phone in stellar shape.
    02-01-09 01:00 PM
    I tried the invisishield and after 45 minutes I wanted to through my phone through the window. If you need it, have someone else that has done it before install it.
    02-03-09 01:47 PM
    I tried to squeegee some big water bubbles out of the middle. I was kind of trying to force them out. I thought the shield didn't "scar" but there are now marks on the underside of the IS and they aint going away .

Plus I left fingerprints on the top and bottom. Guess I didn't wash my hands enough? I also used the spray on my whole hands.

Anyway, whatever, Ill just goto VZ, get a cheap screen and have them do it. Apparently people do that and are happy. I am not happy with my IS experience.
    02-03-09 03:28 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD