That's right.
    I like many people aren't always jammed up inside a dimly lit office or building.
    Many times I'm out on a jobsite and in direct sunlight and at times it hard to see the damn screen.
    So how do I get this Storm screen to be super-uber- brite?
    I know when I had the BB 8830WE you could set the screen brightness to real high and you could see it pretty good in sunlight.

Any tips?
    06-24-09 05:40 PM
    Well, there's the obvious one:

Options >> Screen/Keyboard >> Backlight Brightness to 100.

Other than that, I've got nothing.
    06-24-09 05:44 PM
    Well, there's the obvious one:
    Options >> Screen/Keyboard >> Backlight Brightness to 100.
    Other than that, I've got nothing.
    Been there done that.
    Already at 100.
    06-24-09 07:15 PM
    I have the same problem. It seems to be dimming in bright light. Is there some sort of sensor that detects the light, and if so can it be blocked?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-09 07:21 PM
    Some of the pre-launch press about the Storm claimed it has an ambient light sensor. Even if this is true, if your screen brightness is already at 100, the light sensor won't help you any since it can't increase the brightness beyond it's max. If your screen actually appears to be dimming, that's a different story... I'd say you're probably covering up the sensor on accident, but I have no idea where it is or if there really even is one.
    06-24-09 07:27 PM
    There is a light sensor above the right corner of the screen... probably the most wasted resource I have seen yet on the Storm. You can disable autodim by going to the same menu screen where the brightness control is at. 2 boxes down is Autodim backlight.. turn it off =)
    I did this and it improved my backlight as well
    06-25-09 02:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD