Ok I have searched and can't seem to find an answer to my problem. I have set custom ringtones and sounds for a few of my contacts, well whenever I set the phone to vibrate or silent these custom contacts overide the vibrate mode and still make sounds! For the life of my I can't figure out how to make all of the phone go to vibrate? I've tried making custom sound profiles and everything. Short of getting rid of my custom settings for those few contacts I can't figure out how to solve this problem. Can someplease help me with this problem?! I can't continue to have my phone making noises at work like this.... Thanks so much...
    11-27-08 07:50 PM
    i had the same exact prob and i for sure cant have mine going off at work. best fix i found was to just make a custom vibrate profile and set all the ringers to silent and just turn vibrate to on. so far it has worked. im assuming an actual fix will come with the OS update.
    11-27-08 10:30 PM
    i had the same exact prob and i for sure cant have mine going off at work. best fix i found was to just make a custom vibrate profile and set all the ringers to silent and just turn vibrate to on. so far it has worked. im assuming an actual fix will come with the OS update.
    I have this problem and have been posting, but no solutions yet. I made the custom profile thing, but it only works for my calls vibrating, but my ring tones for my texts still ring.

I hope this first update fixes this.
    11-27-08 11:17 PM
    2 things:

-- in your vibrate profile, make sure the volume option is set to silent under all categories..(phone, sms,email etc...)

---in your custom contacts, make sure your volume is set to "active profile"

now..when your active profile = your vibrate profile (with sounds set to silent) the ringer wont go off after vibrating..cause its set to silent
    11-27-08 11:31 PM
    Thanks for all the help guys. I did do most of the those things before without much help, but I just redid it again. Maybe I missed something the first go around. Atleast now we now there is an update coming in the next few days and hopefully that'll take care of it. Thanks again.
    11-28-08 04:57 PM
    im having the complete opposite of this problem. My custom rings for my contacts reverts to the active profile. which i prefer to keep in silent. (don't wanna talk to anyone that's not in my contacts)
    12-03-08 09:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD