I was wondering if everyone else gets as many spam messages as me. I have been getting a lot more ever since I got my blackberry back in November. Will filing them get rid of them when I recieve them? If so how do I do that on the Storm?
    06-09-09 06:34 PM
    Is this on the native BB email account? The one on this format: <user@carrier.blackberry.net>

There is a delete button, and you can choose whether to delete it from your BB only, or from your mail server also.

Here's my trick to avoid spam:

Get a domain and email hosting. It only costs about $15 a year from GoDaddy.

You can set an account as a catchall, so that all emails sent to @yourdomain go to that mailbox unless there's an account with the specific username.

When a website wants your email address, use [email protected]. For instance, my address for this forum is [email protected]

If one of the addresses starts getting spammed, go into the email control panel and set that address to forward to a random email address at mailcatch.com, which provides a black hole where emails go to die.
    06-09-09 06:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD