How do I get my filtered e-mails to show up in red?

I've been able to do it on my wife's phone, and I had it on my old phone, but I can't get it to appear on my replacement phone.
    09-20-10 11:37 PM
    When you set up the filter, check the box for "Forward as Level 1." That will turn the message red in your inbox.
    09-21-10 05:33 AM
    Jeff - I totally have the setting as "Forward Messages To The Device" and "Level 1 Notification" selected.
    09-21-10 08:36 PM
    Did you set up the filter on your device, or on Verizon's BIS site. If you didn't use the BIS site, try it, here: https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw
    09-21-10 09:51 PM
    Did you set up the filter on your device, or on Verizon's BIS site. If you didn't use the BIS site, try it, here: https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw
    That seems to have dond the trick. Online, it shows my filters were set up to filter the CC Field. The option isn't on my phone's filters...?

How can I set up filters for all e-mail replies from "@VText.com" addresses?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-10 10:31 PM
    In the "Apply Filter When" drop down box, select "From:" field, then in the Contains box, put @VText.com.

I'm not sure why, but creating filters from the device doesn't work reliably. Generally you have to do it from the BIS page.
    09-22-10 07:47 AM
    Also, keep in mind that the rules will be filtered in order. Unless something has changed recently, there is no option to move rules up and down the list (if I remember correctly), so if a message comes in that meets the criteria of one filter, it won't process any more filters on that message listed below. For that reason, it's important to make sure your rules are (in general) listed with the most exclusive rules at the top and more generalized ones at the bottom of the list.
    09-22-10 08:09 AM
    Thanks Jeff - that seems to have done the trick. I had it set up to filter: "*@VText.com"...

I fixed it and it works. Nice!!!

I usually e-mail peoples' VText.com accounts rather than texting them. ;-)
    09-22-10 08:59 AM
    Also, keep in mind that the rules will be filtered in order. Unless something has changed recently, there is no option to move rules up and down the list (if I remember correctly), so if a message comes in that meets the criteria of one filter, it won't process any more filters on that message listed below. For that reason, it's important to make sure your rules are (in general) listed with the most exclusive rules at the top and more generalized ones at the bottom of the list.
    Just to elaborate, let's say you wanted to make all emails that come from *@vtext.com Level one, but if it comes from "[email protected]" you don't want the message forwarded at all. You'd have to first create the rule to not forward "[email protected]", THEN below that create the rule to make "*@vtext.com" level 1.

Not a big deal if you only have 1 or 2 filters, but for some (like myself) it can be important to realize if you're trying to figure out why certain filters don't work.
    09-22-10 09:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD