Title says it all.....how does one get album art to show/attach to songs?

TIA
    11-30-08 08:59 AM
    Ok, I learned how to do this yesterday and now I am SO happy I did. Are you on a Mac?
    11-30-08 09:04 AM
    Ok, I learned how to do this yesterday and now I am SO happy I did. Are you on a Mac?
    Please post, because I am. I can see album art on some songs but not all.
    11-30-08 09:19 AM
    I am not on a mac. Using XP. Please help!
    11-30-08 10:48 AM
    Yes I would like to know about Album Art and Cover Flow.. is it not possible on the Storm for Windows users?
    11-30-08 12:48 PM
    Forums are for sharing information and opinions etc. Saying you learned but not "sharing" the info with others really does no good.
    11-30-08 12:57 PM
    Well, I know it doesn't work when using Windows Media Player. I went through that and added album art to all the songs I wanted to bring to my storm, and they showed up in Windows Media Player. But when I synched those songs to my phone, the art didn't come along with.

Anyone brighter than me have thoughts on this?
    11-30-08 03:36 PM
    I'd like to know also.
    11-30-08 04:06 PM
    to get the artwork to show up, it has to actually be embedded in the mp3. itunes doesnt do this, but stores the image in a seperate folder. you mac users can use the applescript found here: hxxp://dougscripts.com/itunes/scripts/ss.php?sp=embedart

That will embed your album art into the mp3 using itunes. Then when you sync with your berry the artwork should show up.
    11-30-08 04:19 PM
    to get the artwork to show up, it has to actually be embedded in the mp3. itunes doesnt do this, but stores the image in a seperate folder. you mac users can use the applescript found here: hxxp://dougscripts.com/itunes/scripts/ss.php?sp=embedart

That will embed your album art into the mp3 using itunes. Then when you sync with your berry the artwork should show up.
    Windows users can use iTSfv. This will go through your iTunes library and allow you to do various tasks to your mp3s, including embedding the artwork.
    11-30-08 04:23 PM
    I don't use Itunes. One song out of about 50 did manage to bring along the album art, but I can't find anything different about that one song and it's properties than the others that didn't bring along their art. All of my songs on my computer are ripped from my cd's, so I'm not using a source like Itunes or Rhapsody.

Any help for me?
    11-30-08 04:43 PM
    You can do this fairly easily on the Windows version of iTunes - I do it all the time.

When you do a "Get Album Artwork", iTunes by default stores the artwork as link to a separate file. You can fix this by actually pasting the artwork into the song in iTunes. Here is how I do it.

1. Do "Get Album Artwork" on the song you want to embed the picture (or you can get it separately from another source, if you want).

2. Right click on the song

3. Select "Get Info"

4. Select the "Artwork" tab

5. Select the artwork that is already there and do a "CTRL-X" to cut the artwork.

6. Do a "CTRL-V" to paste the artwork.

By pasting it into the artwork box, it will embed the artwork in the file.

If you have the artwork from another source, just open it up and get it into the clip board, and then just paste as in step 6 above (skipping step 5).

Not very intuitive or documented in iTunes, but works every time. I have all my artwork showing up on my storm with this method.

Hope that helps...
    11-30-08 04:47 PM
    Sorry guys! I was on the road for 5 hours after I posted that message! I found out how to do it for a Mac from someone else on this forum on this specific thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/una...rtwork-101873/

If you still do not understand after thoroughly reading that thread, then feel free to PM me!
    11-30-08 05:39 PM
    HERE IS AN EASIER WAY!!!!! In iTunes, on the bottom right corner, make sure you have the album artwork set to "Selected Item". For EACH song, copy & paste the artwork. It resets it to be associated with the file. Viola!
    12-08-08 01:29 AM
    I use an XP and Vista PC. I downloaded an mp3 and it went into the untitled folder. Now everything in that folder shows the album art from that (now deleted) MP3. I was wondering if I need to edit the .dat file or what?
    04-28-09 07:49 PM
    Itunes is queckiest route!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-09 09:43 PM
    On xp use the god father its an excellent tag editor for various formats. look it up on softpedia

04-28-09 09:54 PM
    I had the same problem with Album Art. My Storm didn't display the album art that was added using iTunes.

I had to use the Roxio program that came with the Desktop Manager. I added the art to the songs directly on my Storm.

File -> Song Info. You should see a track album slot. Browse to the album art. You'll see it next time you launch your music player. Of course, after a battery pull.

04-28-09 09:58 PM
    04-28-09 10:18 PM
    You can try Attp://xxx.mp3tag.de/en/]Mp3tag[/url] - the universal Tag Editor (ID3v1, ID3v2, APEv2)
    That works perfectly, thank you!
    12-14-09 05:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD