Spend 2 hours on the phone with "customer service" (that's what they like to be called. I like to call them something else). I got my storm on the 8th and had really been enjoying. I didn't have any significant softwear glitches. Turns out after a couple days usage, the screen stopped clicking around the corners regularly. I don't know if I was just too enamored with it at first to notice, or if it is something that developed (I'm thinking I just missed it). As soon as I noticed, I called verizon to get a new phone. I've seen enough people on crackberry demanding that they get what they paid for, and I felt the same. I was told 3 times that they couldn't replace the phone, then that I would have to send mine in FIRST and then get put on the list for another one. Not happening. One supervisor later, I was put through to tech to diagnose the problem. Let me just say that the tech guys were very nice, but my patients went away very fast when they're telling me to wipe and reload my OS for an obvious hardwear problem. They finally agreed to send me a "new" phone. Well, after drilling them on it, they admitted that it was a refurbished unit they were going to send me. (I had asked this several times already and had been told it would be "new") To the supervisor again. In the end, they said that they would overnight me a brand new, in the box from the factory storm, and give me a $50 dollar credit for the time I spent on the phone with them. A lot of hassle, but hopefully worth it in the end. I'll get my new one today, and hopefully the screen will click properly.
    Thanks to all the people who have posted previously describing their battles to get what they paid for. It let me know what to expect and what to demand from verizon.
    On a side note, the tech guy for verizon said that they regularly use CrackBerry. com as a technical refrence for hardware and softwear issues they hear about. Keep the feedback coming. THEY NEED US!
    12-12-08 03:07 AM
    All you had to do was loosen the two screws on the back of the unit a turn and you'd have a 100% perfect unit. Make sure the new one has no software issues (or anything else) before shipping back your old one as its NOT a difficult fix and it really does make the problem go away 100% perfectly.
    12-12-08 03:34 AM
    I did a little research on the screen click issue, and did see the fixes. I have honestly never spent this much money on a phone before and since I did pay so much, want it to work correctly from the factory. I'm sure the fix would work, but I just would feel better with a new one that worked the way it should. If the new one is not right in some way, I may just keep the old one, return the new one, and leave well enough alone. The though that the "new" one could be worse has more than crossed my mind. Thanks for the advice. Don't want to be stuck w/ worse than what I started with.
    12-12-08 03:46 AM
    Honestly its REALLY easy and the fix is night and day. Its literally like opening a new phone out of the box.

Mine was perfect out of the box and it started to develop a slight problem and just a single turn loosening those screws and there is no way I'd let someone have my storm. Its screaming fast the click is perfect and if you're thinking that something is going to be loose because you loosened those screws its not. Mine still is rock solid built like a tank tough and just feels great. Shake the **** out of it and it makes NO noise.
    12-12-08 03:55 AM
    Maybe it's more of the principle of the thing. I'm not apposed to tinkering, and was just inspecting the hex screwes so that I can back them out when I get home. BUT, there is obviously a difference between the ones that work and the ones that don't. It would just help me sleep better at night if I had one of the newer "revised" models that had this problem fixed from the factory.
    12-12-08 03:59 AM
    lol, from what i have seen 80% chance the new one is worse.
    12-12-08 03:59 AM
    I guess we'll see today when the new one comes. At least I got $50 bucks out of the mess at the minimum.
    12-12-08 04:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD