Problem: The tape looking icon at the top of your phone indicating you have new voicemail is stuck and will not go away even after you delete all your voicemails.

Note: There is sometimes a number before the tape icon, most commonly a "2" though others have been reported.

Cause: Visual Voice Mail. It is most likely you are using or have tried visual voice mail; if not the following may still work anyway.

Solution: There was a procedure in place to fix this issue but it did not work on my phone. After 2.5 hours on with tech support and a trip to the store, the issue was not resolved. I suggested the following and while I had to go through 3 reps before I found one that would do it for me, it worked like a charm.

I will post Verizon�s "original" fix as its less of a hassle. Try it first and if it does not work then try my solution.

*****ORIGINAL FIX: THE BELOW DID NOT WORK FOR ME*****

Verizon�s Solution:

1) Remove "Visual Voicemail" under Options -> Advanced Options - > Applications

2) Call Verizon @ 611 and tell them you are having a problem with your VM and need them to remove visual voice mail from your account.

3) Call your cell from another phone and leave yourself an "Urgent" message.

4) Call your VM from your cell and delete all voice messages from your box leaving it empty. This includes all saved messages. End the call with the * key.

5) Reinstall visual voice mail with the application center icon on your storm.

*****NEW FIX: WORKED*****

My Solution:

1) Remove "Visual Voicemail" under Options -> Advanced Options - > Applications

2) Call Verizon @ 611 and tell them you are having a problem with your VM and need them to remove ALL voice mail from your account. Do not take no for an answer. The CS rep I talked to told me that was not possible and laughed at me; I told her she was useless and to put me on with a "level 2" tech. She got pissed but did it anyway. The next person I talked to told me it was possible to remove all VM from an account, but would not fix the problem. They had me try the above "Verizon fix" even though I told them I had already tried that fix with another rep and it had not worked. He had me try it again and after it was unsuccessful, I demanded he remove all VM from my account, which he did.

3) Call your VM from your cell phone. If it�s been disconnected correctly you should get a busy signal or a message it cannot connect, if you get your VM box call VZW back and throw a tantrum till they correctly remove VM from your account.

4) Pull the battery from your phone and let it sit off for a minute.

5) Put the battery back in and call CS back. Tell them you need VM put back onto your account. If you plan on using visual voicemail just tell them you need visual voicemail put onto your account. I do not know if there is a difference between regular and visual, but one rep claimed there was; though he was wrong about other things, so who knows.

6) Call your voice mail. If this entire procedure was done correctly you should have to re-setup your entire voicemail box, including your pin and greeting. Do this quickly before anyone else leaves you a VM. When you are done, hang up from VM by hitting the * key.

7) Quickly reinstall visual voice mail with the application center icon on your storm. In the visual VM application, enter your pin and hit connect. It should say "no voice mail" and if you now look, the voice mail icon on your mail screen should be gone.

The above fixed my problem. The only issue I now have is that the LED at the top right of the storm blinks red [like I have a message] even after I delete all VM's. It usually lasts for about 15 minutes to catch up, and then stops. I do not know why there is such a lag.

Hope this helps. I would have posted it in the How-To Section but do not have rights!
    01-13-09 08:02 AM
    Wonder If This Works For Tmo
    01-13-09 08:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD