Sometimes people dig through the message folders and cant find that hidden notification message that you have not read...

sometimes it could be a glitch or problem but most the time people have ended up finding the message..

so this is a quick way to get access to most the message folders...

this doesn't include myspace and facebook... and IM clients but at least its a way to look if you just can't seem to find it.

go to a message box this includes the message folder itself individual email boxes sms anything anywhere you get a main view of device messages.

then hit the BB menu key

in the list there will be a option called "view folder"

when you click it will show like the picture attached..

hope this helps..
    12-11-08 08:51 PM
    Great tip your a star!
    04-01-09 09:37 AM
    Or, if you have your message inbox combined like I do you can do BB-->Search. Leave all the fields blank & select unopened only in the Show box select unopened only. That will bring up any new messages. And if you use this often as i do (about the only time i actually use the search function in the mailboxes really), you can do BB-->Search-->BB-->Last. It repeats the last search you did (in my case for all unopened messages)
    Last edited by tulsastorm; 04-01-09 at 10:08 AM.
    04-01-09 10:04 AM
    bring up your inbox, message or sms if not combined, and also bring up the keyboard. Now just press U on the keyboard and it will take you to your unread message.
    USCTrojan4JC likes this.
    04-01-09 10:12 AM
    tulsastorm - I have one change/addition to your post also change the type field to: unread. Doing that solved my problem in no time as the message had a date that was over 60 days old.
    11-29-09 03:43 AM
    The search for showing unopened really helped out.
    11-10-10 02:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD