I want to delete VCast Videos, Bing, VZW Tones, VCast Song Id (which for some reason I have it twice) and Flicker.
    BUT I'm not given an option to erase when I press the BB button when i'm on one of the above Icons.

12-24-09 10:15 AM
    They're just icons, not actual apps. You can just hide the icons. Another possible fix is to click the icon, at the end of the EULA click "i do not accept", close out, delete the relevant service book. Some have stated that this will prevent further pushes. I haven't tried it, and find it unlikely, but you can give it a shot. Best bet, bottom line, is just hide the icons.
    12-24-09 10:21 AM
    ohhh ok cool!! didn't know if this was one of the reasons why it was so slow.

THANKS!!!
    12-24-09 10:24 AM
    The launchers only take up a small amount of kilobytes each, so I hardly doubt that they have any detrimental effect on your memory
    12-24-09 10:39 AM
    What I did was create a folder called Hidden Apps and then put all of those I don't want showing in that folder and then hid the folder. That way it is easy to get at them in the future if I so wish. Also, it is nice to have them all in one place.
    12-24-09 11:35 AM
    They're just icons, not actual apps. You can just hide the icons. Another possible fix is to click the icon, at the end of the EULA click "i do not accept", close out, delete the relevant service book. Some have stated that this will prevent further pushes. I haven't tried it, and find it unlikely, but you can give it a shot. Best bet, bottom line, is just hide the icons.
    This would be awesome if it worked like that. I don't think it does though... However, it is something that RIM should think about. It would solve the issues WE have with these Service Book icons and still allow carriers to push out till the cows come home. I think people have an issue more with not being able to get rid of the icons/Service Books rather then getting them pushed to the device to begin with. This would be a nice option to have.

Are you listening RIM!?!
    12-24-09 11:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD