I'm stuck on how to modify an existing speed dial. If I highlight the number and choose edit, I end up in the contacts list. I did have a work number set up with pauses and inadvertantly deleted it and want to add pauses back. I also don't seem to be able to get into landscape mode to use qwerty.
    12-30-08 07:08 AM
    Hit the talk button to bring up the phone function. Hit menu and then view speed dial list. Highlight the speed dial and hit menu - edit. That WILL bring up the contact menu if you want to change the contact speed dial. If you want to enter another number for the same contact - change it in contacts first and then delete and re-add the speed dial.
    12-30-08 07:40 AM
    Hit the talk button to bring up the phone function. Hit menu and then view speed dial list. Highlight the speed dial and hit menu - edit. That WILL bring up the contact menu if you want to change the contact speed dial. If you want to enter another number for the same contact - change it in contacts first and then delete and re-add the speed dial.
    Amazing how old habits get in the way of new learning! Thx
    12-30-08 08:07 AM
    LOL - You're not alone
    12-30-08 08:17 AM
    wow. Thanks for the thread. I thought I was the only one!
    12-30-08 10:02 AM
    i don't see the option to edit. i'm trying to edit #1, the voicemail number. it's set to call the previous owner's number for some reason. all i see is (from top to bottom) help, call voice mail, call voice mail, show keyboard, show application, close. what do i do?

edit: nm, found it, phone function, options, voicemail
    01-23-09 03:47 AM
    Cool, Thanks for the edit! I was having the same issues. There really should be more than one way to do it.
    05-06-09 10:33 AM
    Wow, thanks for all the posts and help, I didn't know I could put speed dial #s on all the keys, I thought just on the number keys!
    06-23-09 08:28 PM
    i want to delet #1 speed dial and put a different number in there.

it wont let me delet my voice mail speed dial what do i do

i have a blackberry storm number 1
    01-25-10 07:04 PM
    can't delete the voicemail from speed dial #1, sorry
    01-26-10 09:01 AM
    any tips on how to get the edit button on the 9700? i cant seem to get it / find it.

Never mind...i got it. Cheers.
    Last edited by Kumite Reloaded; 02-09-10 at 01:44 PM.
    02-09-10 01:24 PM
    i want to delet #1 speed dial and put a different number in there.

it wont let me delet my voice mail speed dial what do i do

i have a blackberry storm number 1
    To change the default VM phone number, go to the dialer and hit "##000000". You'll be redirected to a CDMA Service Edit Screen. Change the Mobile Directory Number to your phone number and hit the menu button and save. The device will reboot and your voicemail is now usable.
    02-09-10 06:29 PM
    hit green phone key/go to options/go to Voice Mail/ Then change number or back the number out and leave blank.
    07-15-10 06:31 PM
    Go to your call log (from home screen, press the send button)
    Press the menu button and select view speed dial list
    Scroll to select the number you wish to edit
    When you select this, it will take you to the adress book
    Scroll all the way to the top and select use once
    Dial in the number you want and hit save

Ta-da!!
    05-06-11 05:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD