there is no "(" or ")" am i missing a way to get more symbols on the keyboard?
    11-26-08 09:49 AM
    Yeah...you're missing the "!?123" key. Hit that (or press and hold to lock) and you get the number pad along with several symbols including ( ) - _ ' " ? ! etc
    11-26-08 09:51 AM
    They are in with the numbers as they can be used for math. Next to the 3.
    11-26-08 09:53 AM
    nope mine has ! 1234567890 * ? @ . , and a return button and a back button and an ABC button

thats it man,
    11-26-08 09:54 AM
    They are in with the numbers as they can be used for math. Next to the 3.

nope next to the 3 i have a period
    11-26-08 09:56 AM
    i am not talking about landscape view with the ful qwrty keyboard,

while in portrait view using shuretype
    11-26-08 09:59 AM
    the wink face is crucial to flirting situations
    11-26-08 10:00 AM
    Hit the sym once for :
    then hit sym twice for the )

It's a little awkward. It would be nice if we could customize those screens a little. I'm wondering if putting smiles in the custom dictionary will help? Put in then sym once for : and suretype should pop up with as an option.
    11-26-08 10:02 AM
    A ratard came up with the keyboard character layout on the Storm. It's all over the place on which characters are where...
    11-26-08 10:05 AM
    A ratard came up with the keyboard character layout on the Storm. It's all over the place on which characters are where...
    Yeah, I agree. Drove me nuts the first couple of days. I kept thinking that symbols like ":", "@", and "$" would be under the "sym" screen...nope...apparently, in Canadian, they're numbers. But "%" is a symbol??

Argh!

i am not talking about landscape view with the ful qwrty keyboard,

while in portrait view using shuretype
    Ahhh...that's you're problem...You're holding the phone wrong!!
    11-26-08 10:13 AM
    Hit the sym once for :
    then hit sym twice for the )

It's a little awkward. It would be nice if we could customize those screens a little. I'm wondering if putting smiles in the custom dictionary will help? Put in then sym once for : and suretype should pop up with as an option.
    Yep... this is where the iPhone has us beat... There is almost no learning curve with their UI (I'm talking in general terms here... I don't know specifically about this keyboard example).
    11-26-08 10:17 AM
    Found this:

Accented, or "special," characters can be typed via Storm in both portrait (vertical) and landscape (horizontal) views. To enter in a special character while in portrait or landscape mode, such as an �, bring up the on-screen keyboard, depress the "i" key--but don't click it--and a number of options appear on screen, one of which is �. To choose that character, simply click it on screen.
    I'd show the source but CB won't let me.
    11-26-08 10:32 AM
    Yep... this is where the iPhone has us beat... There is almost no learning curve with their UI (I'm talking in general terms here... I don't know specifically about this keyboard example).
    except that you cannot do email or text in landscape mode . . . they all have their quirks
    11-26-08 10:46 AM
    I had to chuckle when I saw the question. I think I had the same question and discovered the extra characters while hovering or hitting buttons multiple times.

Wouldn't it be great if there was a place to find out about all these things? Oh wait ... it's here on CrackBerry.
    12-01-08 10:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD