I have searched and can't find an answer to this. How can you set the
    Storm so you get the entire message in your emails and avoid the truncations?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-09 11:24 AM
    i don't think you can

i for one wish i could auto-load images, or at least select senders as "trusted" etc
    01-27-09 11:34 AM
    So there is no way to ensure that you can get an entire e-mail without it truncating on a BB? That is unbeliveble! How can anyone reliably use a BB for business purposes?

Even with my old Motorola Q I had an option to manually download the portion of the e-mail that was truncated. Is there at least a way to manually do this on the Storm?
    01-27-09 06:46 PM
    There is another thread I replied to about this. The truncation is set by design. This is the text of their Knowledge Base KB13677:

When scrolling to the bottom of a newly received email message, the following is displayed:

Truncated <number of bytes received>

The BlackBerry smartphone can receive a maximum of 32 KB of compressed data in the message body. This is by design.
    01-27-09 09:06 PM
    So there is no way to ensure that you can get an entire e-mail without it truncating on a BB? That is unbeliveble! How can anyone reliably use a BB for business purposes?
    I'm not sure about other business users, but all my e-mails that I get on my business BlackBerry (8820) are usually plain text anyway. The only e-mails I've gotten truncated on my Storm are those with HTML formatting and images, and I rarely if ever get those in the corporate environment. It clearly hasn't been a problem for most businesses, many of which still use the 88XX (no support for HTML formatting in email) line as their flagship BlackBerry.
    01-27-09 09:19 PM
    It probably has to do with reducing the bandwidth of data flowing through a BES or the BIS servers.
    01-27-09 09:26 PM
    I'm not sure about other business users, but all my e-mails that I get on my business BlackBerry (8820) are usually plain text anyway. The only e-mails I've gotten truncated on my Storm are those with HTML formatting and images, and I rarely if ever get those in the corporate environment. It clearly hasn't been a problem for most businesses, many of which still use the 88XX (no support for HTML formatting in email) line as their flagship BlackBerry.

Times are changing....

The only reason for this being in place as a policy still, is to ensure compatibility with prehistoric (pre broadband) times.

I can understand that, but why do they allow 5mb attachments then? Wouldn't that compatibilty also not exist with phones that cannot receive html or attachments of that size?

Why not have the modern devices use the same extra space as the attachments? Its just utter crap and prehistoric.

If it weren't for my girlfriend liking this phone so much I were to throw it of a tower by now... sometimes... really.
    02-05-09 03:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD