OK here's my 3 part snag plan, I'm hoping it works

Step 1) I work in NYC and I come into PortAuth everyday there's a VErizon Store 2 Aves up on 6th and 41 and another on 5th and 43 or 44. So step one is to go into the city as early as possible and see if I can snag one at these stores. Because of there location i'm thinking they'll have a bunch, but also probably long lines

Step 2) I got on a list with a VZW rep today he assures he'll call 9am that morning and he gave me his info to call him. He is also going to give me the VIP rate since i'm not officially on the VIP yet.

Step 3) I just went and brought a pre-order at the Garden State Best Buy today so if all else fails i'll head there after work.

If all this fails i guess i'll be waiting for the next shipment
    11-13-08 09:36 PM
    As a Verizon VIP member (personal & small business) I will have the Storm on Nov. 18th.
    That's BS.

Prove it if its so.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-08 10:05 PM
    you guys who are on the "list" are very lucky.

I live in a fairly large city on the east coast and the two stores that I called will not have any kind of list and I have known one of the mgrs for 3 years.

"no shoes, no dice"..........

First come first serve.
    11-13-08 10:42 PM
    you guys who are on the "list" are very lucky.

I live in a fairly large city on the east coast and the two stores that I called will not have any kind of list and I have known one of the mgrs for 3 years.

"no shoes, no dice"..........

First come first serve.
    I agree with the "first come first serve" mindset. Holding one is just bs in my opinion, but I don't think I need to worry in a town as small as the one I live in where nearly everyone is just now getting flip phones and think the brand of phone is either verizon or alltell!!! hahhaa

if im' wrong then oh well...i'll get it when i get it!
    11-14-08 07:39 AM
    I'm not sure yet. I called one of the local stores here yesterday and the guy didn't even know Verizon had an official and price set until I told him it was on the main VZ page. He said he did have a list and that if I wanted to be on it, he would add me. He added my email and said he would contact me. In the emails it is almost as though he's swaying me to use online instead of coming in store. See below:

Yes Gavin its coming Friday November 21st. I should know by mid week availability of item in store. As soon as I know you will also. Thanks for the inquiry into the Storm.

Please remember they are 1st come, 1st serve basis in store. You might
    want to consider online for better discounts based on your eligibility.
    You would save $100.00 I believe doing it online. I wouldn't want you
    to travel here and not have any in stock due to allotment. Thanks
    again.

Still not sure what I'll do. I would like to play with it prior to purchasing. Because what if... gasp... I don't like it?
    11-14-08 08:04 AM
    I just called my local Verizon Wireless store and they are having an early release date (one day). I made an appointment for 8AM and I am locked and loaded baby! Wooohoooo!

I spoke a a vzw rep at BJs (~ Costco) last ngiht and he said they were selling the curve a couple days early so he expects to sell the storm early. I put my name and email on his list. (fingers crossed)
    11-14-08 08:28 AM
    How do you find out who has an early release date. Will they just tell you if you call? Does it have anything to do with the VIP cards they sent out?
    11-14-08 10:33 AM
    everyone is concerned about buying ti before they try it...my mindset is that i want a new phone. If i don't like this phone, i'll return it and get a curve so there is no sweat off my back
    11-14-08 01:26 PM
    Seeing as how I used to manage a couple of VZW retailers, I got an "inside man" at the corporate office to hold one for me. =)
    11-14-08 01:30 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD