I just go to partys and when some drunk ********* leaves his phone somewhere I snag it. Presto, new phone!

Moral of the story - Don't be a drunk *********!
    12-26-08 08:33 PM
    For me, my company takes care of most of my cost.
    12-26-08 09:06 PM
    I just coudln't do it with ATT anymore so I bit the bullet and paid the early term fee so I could cop the storm.
    Best move you made! Welcome aboard my friend. Get ready for much better service!
    12-26-08 09:30 PM
    To get my 9530 I opened up a new line then sold my curve to pay the etf on said line after paying the first month with the add'l line

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-26-08 09:37 PM
    OK, so here's what I do (and mind you, I'm on my 4th mobile phone this year).

I started with a Voyager from last year when it was first released in November. In August, I decided to try the iPhone, so I ported my number. Sold my Voyager for $145 which brought my iPhone down to $50 (chump change). Since I only had it for 2 long and horrible weeks, I returned it under the 30 day period and just paid for usage (roughly $50).

Since I came running back in less than 30 days, VZW didn't add the ETF yet, AND getting another phone counted as a new line for some reason. I got the Dare which served as my 'tweener phone until the Storm was released. I paid the discounted price of $199 for it and then got the $50 rebate for the Dare.

With the Storm, I made money. I got rid of my Dare using the Blackberry Trade up program. My Storm cost me $199 after the instant $50 off because I ordered via phone. I also got the $50 rebate bringing purchase price to $149. The BB Trade up offered me $130 for my Dare as I had all original items including the box (I never throw those away since I go through so many phones) and the carrying case. PLUS, I took advantage of the extra $50 they were giving if you did it before November 30th. All in all, they gave me $180. $180-$149 = $51. So, I made out.

For now, I don't know of anything on the horizon I may want, but I'm heading to CES in a few weeks, so I'll be keeping my eye out. I've been wanting a BB for a while and this suits my needs perfectly and I know it'll just get better over time so I may actually keep this for a bit.
    12-26-08 09:55 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD