just curious guys how your storm is set up like do you have 2 rows/3 rows for your main screen do keep you all your apps. in one file do you have everything laid out do you use the default theme have customized theme etc....i am interested??!!
    04-29-09 01:11 AM
    I dabbled in theme creation and tried a few user created themes, I still prefer to use a custom theme I quickly made, its basically the stock theme, with a hidden bottom dock, and a spot for weatherbug in the top banner. identical to the stock theme.
    My app screen is 4x4, every other app is hidden or in a folder so I dont have to scroll a lot.

For my Storms Homescreen, I have 1 row w/Msgs, BBM, Accelodex, Media... and weatherbug and profiles in the banner.

apps i have out are(the rest are hidden or in appropriate folder):
    Weatherbug, Msgs, BBMess, Accelodex,
    Media, Browser, FB, Contacts
    Appworld, DL folder, App folder, Games folder
    Clock, Calender, Manage connections, profiles

I find with this setup the apps I need the fastest are right there, with no scrolling, and the ones I use occasionally are 2 clicks away with no scrolling. I might change the setup if there was a iPhone flick scroll like in the accelodex app or wm devices.

However, everyone uses their bb's differently, I am a student, so I use blackberry messenger and emails all day, and use web/games a lot.
    04-29-09 01:26 AM
    I dabbled in theme creation and tried a few user created themes, I still prefer to use a custom theme I quickly made, its basically the stock theme, with a hidden bottom dock, and a spot for weatherbug in the top banner. identical to the stock theme.
    My app screen is 4x4, every other app is hidden or in a folder so I dont have to scroll a lot.

For my Storms Homescreen, I have 1 row w/Msgs, BBM, Accelodex, Media... and weatherbug and profiles in the banner.

apps i have out are(the rest are hidden or in appropriate folder):
    Weatherbug, Msgs, BBMess, Accelodex,
    Media, Browser, FB, Contacts
    Appworld, DL folder, App folder, Games folder
    Clock, Calender, Manage connections, profiles

I find with this setup the apps I need the fastest are right there, with no scrolling, and the ones I use occasionally are 2 clicks away with no scrolling. I might change the setup if there was a iPhone flick scroll like in the accelodex app or wm devices.

However, everyone uses their bb's differently, I am a student, so I use blackberry messenger and emails all day, and use web/games a lot.
    nice sounds like a pretty good set up man ya they really need to come out with a flick scroll app or something that is the one and only feature i love about the iphone
    04-29-09 01:31 AM
    I'm rocking the Liquid v2 theme.

1 row on my home screen:
    SMS/MMS, Contacts, WeatherBug, Messages

App. screen is 4 rows:
    SMS/MMS, Contacts, WeatherBug, Messages
    Browser, ESPN, Options, Clock
    Music folder, Games folder, QuickPull, Calendar
    Tools folder, DL folder, App folder, Setup folder

My phone is pretty basic, not a lot of 3rd party apps. This is my first BlackBerry, but I don't think I could ever own a non-BlackBerry phone again.
    04-29-09 02:45 AM
    Should add screenies to this. be a cool thread.
    04-29-09 02:49 AM
    Like Cid said, I also do my own themes the way I want them (for function and speed).
    One row, twitter, email/sms/mms, calendar and meterberry.
    Under the menu I have everything sorted into folders (internet, games, office) etc...
    My right conv key is camera and my left one is "compose".
    My theme uses TINY fonts all over, I like real estate, but my fingers are a tad fat for it.
    04-29-09 03:40 AM
    Search crackberry.com for threads on optimizing your storm. Also see tips and tricks thread!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-09 03:44 AM
    Just one row on home screen, 4 x 4 on menu with most items hidden/sorted in folders. Keep messages, contacts, voice dialing, and calendar on my home screen. I constantly change it though as I haven't found just the "right" fit yet...
    04-29-09 10:02 AM
    I am running the theme that came with the phone.

I use one row for my main screen, and two rows for my home screen.

My icons are as listed:
    1st row) SMS/MMS, Visual Voicemail, BBM, and the Browser
    2nd row) Email, BBWeather, Folder for Apps, and Options

Other apps or icons I don't use I keep in a hidden folder.
    04-29-09 10:08 AM
    Precision Zen theme with 3 rows on the homescreen. Would LOOOOVE to have a simple theme that keeps Precisin Zen, but makes the specific icons (Browser, Email, SMS, Calendar, Media, Folders, etc..) glow exactly as they do on the Bold and Curve 8900.

Would be nice...would be nice

Anyways...
    1st Row: SMS and MMS/Messages/Email/Calendar
    2nd Row: Facebook/ESPN/AP Mobile News/Weatherbug
    3rd Row: Twitterberry/Media/Pandora/Poynt

Love my setup, but would enjoy that lil integration...
    Last edited by shaydakiss23; 04-29-09 at 10:12 AM.
    04-29-09 10:09 AM
    home screen 1 row: messages, sms/mms, contacts, browser

full menu: home screen row plus 2 others
    calendar, media, applications folder, IM folder (AIM, BBM)
    games, downloads folder, manage connections, options

still using precision zen theme
    04-29-09 10:24 AM
    Rocking my Superman backround.
    Zen theme, tried others little to much at this time.

2 rows.

Messages, Email, SMS/MMS,AIM
    2nd row.
    Contacts, Calender, Brower, Poynt
    04-29-09 10:33 AM
    I use Glass Theme . no Rows, Quick Launch on left Convenience key. weather bug slot.I don't like icons on the screen takes away from the view
    04-29-09 10:41 AM
    I am using the WorldRocker theme which has two hidden docks (top and bottom of the screen) and one permanent icon in the top left. I have BBWeather taking up that icon. Top dock is Messages, SMS, Visual Voicemail, Browser, and Tasks. Bottom dock is Pandora, Media, Google Talk, Facebook, and Contacts. Hovering over the date shows today view, while clicking it brings up the calendar. Clicking the time brings up the clock. I love this theme and setup.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-09 10:56 AM
    No theme....custom wallpaper

One row Icons: Messages/Facebook/Email #1/Sms Text
    04-29-09 11:16 AM
    Precision Zen theme with 3 rows on the homescreen. Would LOOOOVE to have a simple theme that keeps Precisin Zen, but makes the specific icons (Browser, Email, SMS, Calendar, Media, Folders, etc..) glow exactly as they do on the Bold and Curve 8900.

Would be nice...would be nice

Anyways...
    1st Row: SMS and MMS/Messages/Email/Calendar
    2nd Row: Facebook/ESPN/AP Mobile News/Weatherbug
    3rd Row: Twitterberry/Media/Pandora/Poynt

Love my setup, but would enjoy that lil integration...
    ya im right there with you i would love that theme too just the precision zen icons that glow and weatherbug style i think i would be set for that theme
    04-29-09 11:38 AM
    Should add screenies to this. be a cool thread.
    ya that would cool man i am just haven't figured out how to post a screenshot yet any tips??!!
    04-29-09 11:43 AM
    I go back and forth between the Win7 and Android theme...

Currently using Win7 theme that allows 11 icons.

Icon in the top left corner is the browser. And at the bottom there are 2 rows of 5 icons.

Row 1: Msg's, Contacts, Regions M Banking, Google Maps, Viigo
    Row 2: UberTwitter, Media, Calendar, BB Msger, G Talk

And with the Win7 theme there is a start icon in the bottom left corner as you would see on your desktop pc.. Anyway, I have quicklaunch that displays when the start menu is touched.

Left convenience Key: Storm Slider (Lock) Default lock too slow
    Right convenience Key: Vlingo
    04-29-09 11:53 AM
    Pink Grunge theme and love it!!

Berry Buzz for different LED lights

StormLock so I can make phone calls without hanging up on people..

I have a lot of my apps/icons out on my screen cuz I can never remember which folder I have them in...

Contacts, Messages, SMS, BBM, Browser, 3 email accounts, MSN messenger, Facebook, Google Quick Search, Yellow Pages, Poynt, Weatherbug, Calendar, Calculator, Clock, Camera, Video Camera, Media, Music and then all my folders and the Power Off and Sounds icons
    04-29-09 12:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD