List of options I changed on my storm & my current set up.
    What did you do different?

Basics:
    SMS/MMS to Separate (from theme controlled)
    Profiles: Created 2 new ones (work and home) i always do this

Browser > Browser Configuration:
    Check box – Support JavaScript
    Browser Identification: Internet Explorer

Applications folder:
    Moved Maps and Calculator to MAIN

Options > Screen/Keyboard:
    Backlight Brightness – 40 (should save battery, not a big difference)
    Convenience buttons:
    Right – SMS/MMS
    Left – Virtual Keyboard (I may change this one)
    Touchscreen (these made a huge difference):
    Tap Interval – 100
    Hover Period – 100
    Swipe Sensitivity – 6

Options > Memory:
    Mass Storage Mode Support – ON
    Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode when Connected: YES

Options >Advanced > GPS:
    GPS Services – Location On (from 911, this helps bberry maps to work.)

From main menu > blackberry key > options:
    Set home screen icon layout: 1 row (from standard 2 rows)

Phone > Options > :
    General Options > Initial View – Most Recent (from keypad)
    Call Logging: Show these - None (from missed calls)

Applications Deleted:
    VZ Nav
    11-23-08 11:47 PM
    Good thread. I used a couple of these options.
    11-23-08 11:56 PM
    I keep location off, because I think that drains a bunch of battery. I turn it on when I am using BB Maps, and it finds my location with 45 seconds every time.

I uninstalled Word Mole and VZNav, and installed Opera Mini. Opera Mini is really awesome compared to the BB Browser. Provides an AWESOME browsing experience on the Storm, which is nice because I think BB could have improved their browser much more than they did for the Storm.
    11-24-08 12:17 AM
    I keep location off, because I think that drains a bunch of battery. I turn it on when I am using BB Maps, and it finds my location with 45 seconds every time.

I uninstalled Word Mole and VZNav, and installed Opera Mini. Opera Mini is really awesome compared to the BB Browser. Provides an AWESOME browsing experience on the Storm, which is nice because I think BB could have improved their browser much more than they did for the Storm.
    I dont think that having location on uses any battery unless the program you are using is requesting it.
    Such as apps in the App Permissions Settings that have GPS Allow>Deny>Prompt
    I have noticed that apps that do not need GPS do not have a GPS permissions toggle.

I havent tried Word Mole yet so its still on there.

Opera Mini 4.2 is far better than the regular browser IMHO because clicking isnt neccessary. I find trying to select buttons in BB browser is maddening. Keeps zooming in instead of clicking
    11-24-08 12:37 AM
    I dont think that having location on uses any battery unless the program you are using is requesting it.
    Such as apps in the App Permissions Settings that have GPS Allow>Deny>Prompt
    I have noticed that apps that do not need GPS do not have a GPS permissions toggle.

I havent tried Word Mole yet so its still on there.

Opera Mini 4.2 is far better than the regular browser IMHO because clicking isnt neccessary. I find trying to select buttons in BB browser is maddening. Keeps zooming in instead of clicking
    a agree with keeping location on it shouldn't do a thing unless your running a app that grabs location. Keep in mind that whether location or e911 is on your device is always locatable notice how there is no option to shut it off completely...

location on only allows other sources to access the data of the GPS
    11-24-08 12:43 AM
    A side note but I didn't even realize that Opera mini had a browser for the Storm. I'll have to dl it for sure.

As for my set up, I left most icons on screen (hid messages [doesn't log when i miss a call]), right convience is still camera, left key is keyboard lock. I still have the same profile set that is default. Changed some of the sounds. Location is on.

Ill have to check back in later with my specs.
    11-24-08 12:54 AM
    not to sidetrack the thread, but opera doesnt seem as intuitive, at least on the storm. once you zoom in, you dont have an easy way to zoom back out. also doesnt render pages as well, even tho it is faster.
    11-24-08 01:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD