I am always reading how after some of you guys have 40mb and above after you guys do battery pulls. I rarely get 30mb after I do a random battery pull and it drops pretty quickly throughout the day.

What apps do you guys only have on your phones to stay above 40mb all day??

What are the apps that already come loaded on the phone that take up a ton of memory that I will probably not need??

I have ton of app icons on my phone but are not installed........

Facebook,Flickr,YahooIM,AOLIM,Google Talk,VZWTones etc.....

There is no option for deletion when I highlight these and click BB Button??

I use these apps and themes on a daily basis on my storm right now......

*YouTube
    *BB App World
    *CB Launcher
    *HTC Hero Theme
    *iBerry Theme
    *Precision Zen Theme

Thanks!!
    10-18-09 12:46 PM
    Some themes will provide mem. leaks, it's best to just keep 1 to 2 on your phone at one time. As for the app icons that you can't delete, there is no way to delete them; they're pushed apps Verizon, all you do can hide them.

If you delete some of the themes you should clear a lot of memory.

Since you say your mem. drops, I had the same problem, what I did was a full wipe of my device using BBSAK, then reloaded .230 and now my memory stays at around 36.4mb but I do have a heck of a lot of apps that I use.

It's hard to get 40mb on .230 if you don't shrink the OS, which I've never tried before. But If you shrink it I'm sure you could easily start with 40mb without deleting any of your apps.
    10-18-09 12:54 PM
    BB app world is a known memory hog. Get rid of it, you really don't need it. There's nothing on there you can't get some other way.
    10-18-09 12:55 PM
    Am running they .238/.287 hybrid and I've been at 46mb for over 24hrs , Memory very stable

I use

Facebook
    UberTwitter
    Energy Theme by WJD
    Berrybuzz
    Storm Slider
    Storm Locker
    Lock Tilt
    Quick Launch
    Vzw Visual Voice mail app ( not sure if this counts)
    Msn Messenger

what OS your running ? also before upgrading doing a 507 wipe does make a big difference

I also have all the pushed icons hiding ...
    10-18-09 01:00 PM
    I was at 41 on OS .151, then in the 30's on .167 and now on .230, I boot with about 24, but it stays above 20 for a week or more without any battery pulls. I wouldn't worry about it as long as you're regularly over 20. My phone is as fast as its ever been at the 20 to 24 that I have now.

You can get rid of VZ Nav, Visual Voicemail and BB Maps (unless you use WeatherBug), if you don't use those.

If you just have to dig deeper into this, look at this info:

Viewing your database sizes...

Through Civic, I found an interesting tidbit about the databases on your BB. You can view them and see if any are way out of whack, size wise. Any big anomalies can indicate a corrupted database. I've gathered that most phones are going to have a pretty big RMS Database from all the apps we add/remove. This database apparently does not clean up after itself. The last thread tells you how to clear it. I did it myself, and had no problems and gained a few meg. The size will depend on the phone and how much stuff you've added.

To see the size of your BB databases...
    Go to Options/Status and hit Menu/Database Sizes
    BlackBerry Database Details - BlackBerryFAQ
    Mobi·gas·mic: The Secret of the Blackberry Memory Bloat

And This:
    Resolved memory leak...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/re...y-leak-235048/
    10-18-09 05:24 PM
    I never had above 40mg of app memory, from the first install of .75 to my current os of .167. When I purchase new apps I have to make sure I delete an app or two. I presently have about 18mg on reboot.
    10-18-09 07:55 PM
    You need to SAOS the .230. I can load up fairly easy without basis apps at almost 49, Than I add Gmaps, GVoice, weatherapp, speedtest,my Verizon, Slacker radio,filescout, mobihome, amazegps, googlesync and I do have DocstoGo. I delete BBmaps, voice, ota, languages, setup and other minor useless BB add ons. No games also. I am sitting at 42.3mbs and have been since yesterday when I loaded the last Lyricidal hybrid but the .230/238 hybrid was the same. very solid signal and memory. 5.0 are very good with minor glitches.

I do not wipe to 507 since every time you load an OS the app loader does it anyway and I have never bricked my BB folowing Lyricidal instructions.
    10-18-09 09:32 PM
    I haven't been over 30 MB for awhile, but my memory does stay pretty stable. If you have that City ID app installed and aren't using it (the one that comes with .230), remove it and see if that stabilizes your memory. It did for me!
    10-19-09 01:29 AM
    never reached more than 30mb mark.
    10-19-09 02:33 AM
    I use to always want my app memory to be in the high 40s but I realized that as long as u stay over 20 your good.

I have 167 and boot with like 42mb and can last way over a week between battery pulls. I even open up all my apps to test the stability and its wonderful. It doesn't slow my phone down at all..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-09 02:45 AM
    im never above 13....... i have no themes and very little apps.
    10-19-09 09:02 AM
    I haven't seen my memory get above 10MB for weeks now. Running .230 and the aps that are installed and used somewhat regularly are:

Facebook
    Google Maps
    Google Sync
    Google Talk
    Texts from Last Night
    CBS Sportsline Fantasy Football

The last couple of days I have actually gotten a message saying out of memory, delete some items...Battery pull brings the phone back with 5 MB or so of memory...

Any thoughts as to why this might be?

Thanks,
    10-19-09 09:05 AM
    I'm on a fresh install of .230 with 36.2 MB free. I have pandora, google maps, you tube, facebook, storm slide, quick pull pro, storm level pro, cbs sports, and the one touch flashlight app, which no longer works because my camera no worky anymore.
    10-19-09 09:10 AM
    I haven't seen my memory get above 10MB for weeks now.

The last couple of days I have actually gotten a message saying out of memory, delete some items...Battery pull brings the phone back with 5 MB or so of memory...

Any thoughts as to why this might be?

Thanks,
    i would reinstall the OS, or try and repair the memory. options>memory>BB button> repair>handheld memory

PS you can delete the unwanted verizon push apps in your service book, find the line like slacker or flickr and delete it, the icon dissapears immediately
    Last edited by surprise07; 10-19-09 at 10:02 AM.
    10-19-09 09:11 AM
    ...PS you can delete the unwanted verizon push apps in your service book, find the line like slacker or flickr and delete it, the icon dissapears immediately
    Don't those things reappear after a reset (battery pull or otherwise)? I can get rid of them but they return after I restart my phone. I was under the impression that they were only shortcuts to downloads since none of those apps are installed on my Storm.
    10-19-09 12:47 PM
    they reappear when your routing table is re registered, or at least mine do, but yea your right they aren't actual apps so they really don't matter, I just brought it up because someone asked earlier.
    10-19-09 01:06 PM
    Okay, understood. Thanks!
    10-19-09 01:12 PM
    SAOS did it for me when I had .151. With no apps I booted at 51-53. Now with all the apps in my sig and running .167 (shrunk) I boot around 38 and it hovers around 27-32 all day.
    10-19-09 01:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD