wow, this is a great thread, glad i found it as a lot of questions i had are getting answered! i am using BIS and syncing to outlook on my laptop via DM but i want to sync my calendar over the air and it sounds like the google sync just might be the way to go.
    01-13-09 06:52 PM
    I use gmail, google calender, google apps, and Outlook.
    01-13-09 07:26 PM
    Hey folks.

I would like to know from you BIS'er out there, how do you do business from your Storm? I come from a TREO and mozilla/lightning syncing multiple address books and calendars. How the heck do you do it on your BB. I would prefer to go NO-MICROSOFT. HOWEVER, If I have to, I will use anything in order to get things going and get some business done. I will take all suggestions and openly ask for your help and advice on how YOU work.

Specifically:
    • what programs you use to sync for contacts, calendar, tasks, and memo's.
    • What OTA you use most often and for what.
    • Anything else that would be helpful
    I use outlook exchange with my company and I am using bb sync with thinkpost.net.
    They have a product which sync's contacts, calendar, notes and tasks. It will also sync emails if you need it.
    I don't use the email sync, but I can for no additional price. They do charge 4.00 per month. Not bad for all you get.
    You install a small piece of software in outlook on your pc and another on your bb. You can schedule it to sync and also manually sync when needed.

Also the owner/CEO of thinkpost is usually the one who responds with yoursupport questions.
    They are coming out with an updated version for the storm within the next week or so.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by squally123; 01-13-09 at 08:34 PM.
    01-13-09 08:25 PM
    Milbus,

Check out Chaos software,

Chaos Software contact management time manager email client

When I was looking for contact, email and appointment software, the main option I had was Outlook. Expensive AND bloated! I now use Chaos Intellect and it's been great for years. My Storm syncs with it perfectly and I don't have to worry about my info being "online". The only other thing you'd need to be able to sync to Chaos is CompanionLink. Total investment maybe $100.

No, I don't work for that company, but I like the simplicity of it. And I've never used Outlook, but others have said it looks like it.

Any more questions, let me know...
    01-13-09 08:39 PM
    I have emailed a scrolling pdf file of a nuclear well log onto my Storm. I have shown it to my business associates and they were completely blown away. No Special extra software - just the regular release. Pan, scroll, and zoom are TOTALY AWESOME !

Soon, a new larger companion monitor will permit even larger presentations of this information.

(Well logs can serve to explain what I am doing. Since they often contain proprietary / secret info, you may want to show it to people briefly and not show depths and not leave them a copy.)

Doctor Neutron
    01-13-09 11:32 PM
    I used Google Sync but had lots of trouble with multiplying contacts and dates in my calender. Google still has a lot of bugs. I wanted wireless live sync for contacts, calender, tasks, and memos so I use exchangemymail.com for 10 bucks a month. They are friggin awesome.

BlackBerry Exchange Hosting - Microsoft Exchange 2003 Hosting. BlackBerry wireless solution.

Also, I use Repligo Pro for attachments and sending faxes from my Storm.

People seriously wonder how I manage three businesses and make it look easy.
    Blackberry baby...
    01-14-09 01:22 AM
    Google all the way like others here

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-09 04:05 AM
    I have finally decided to go with ThinkPost for my solution. I can still use my BIS email as is and ThinkPost will sync my Outlook calendar, contacts, tasks, and notes. $4 bucks a month for full syncronization. You can also use and email address from them no extra charge. I have read nothing but good stuff about them and the owner/pres responds immediately to your calls or emails.
    01-20-09 02:06 PM
    Follow-up...
    ThinkPost works great! I am very happy with it and it works as advertised. No more syncing with a cable and no more wierd double events, etc. showing up in my calendar.
    02-03-09 10:01 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD