I've tried several time to download various apps, but they are no longer being downloaded to the 'DOWNLOADS' folder. Is there a setting somewhere that this can be changed. I can't find the apps anywhere.
    01-26-09 01:17 PM
    I'm not sure how to manage where files get downloaded, but I thnk there may be a bug in .90. I downloaded/installed three software demos the other day; one of them showed up in the downloads folder, the other two were put somewhere never to be found. They were listed in my applications, but no way to launch the apps.
    01-26-09 01:31 PM
    I'm not sure either but i upgraded to the .90 and all my apps are still under downloads.
    01-26-09 01:39 PM
    Been discussed. On the home screen hit Menu twice to bring up the menu. Hit Options. Change the setting in the dropdown.

Also, remember that if you've previously downloaded an app and then moved the icon from the Download folder to somewhere else and you haven't cleared the folder arrangement from the Options menu, if you delete that app and then later install it back, it won't be under the Download folder, it'll be in the last folder you filed it under. Just FYI.
    01-26-09 01:48 PM
    I also think its a .90 bug as I installed a couple of apps that showed up nowhere (they were reinstalls and should have been in my Applications folder)... This was fixed by a famous battery pull, then they were where they were supposed to be. I have since downloaded new apps that showed up correctly... Some of the Gremlins in .90 aren't consistant for me...
    01-26-09 01:53 PM
    just downloaded flycast and it went right to the download file
    01-26-09 02:16 PM
    You will not see an icon for some apps. For example, TalkLock does not display an icon. It sounds to me like this may be the issue or non-issue.

You will see them in applications, but not find an icon no matter how hard you look. These apps are usually running in the background.
    01-26-09 03:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD