this is my first BB and just got the storm last week!

how do you merge yahoo e-mail contacts into your contact list on your blackberry?

thanks!
    04-09-09 11:20 PM
    I installed MSN messenger on my phone and all my contacts were active by themselves didn't have to do anything. I remember i had a yahoo account on my pearl and did not have to merge any email accounts. Sorry if this doesn't help.
    04-09-09 11:24 PM
    I assume you have the DM installed on your computer...if you do, then you're good to go. In the DM click on the middle option, I don't have mine in front of me, but I think its called synchronize or something like that. Make sure it is set to sync contacts both ways, not one way or the other...one way or the other will overwrite contacts on both ends leaving you screwed potentially.

Once you've done this, plug your phone in to the computer and it should automatically sync your contacts. It will likely tell you that it is doing so, and ask permission to transfer contact from the phone to your email, and from your email to the phone...make sure you like what its doing, that its not going to overwrite your contacts on one end, and hit ok...job done. That's how simple it was for me to get all my windows live contacts into the phone.

As the other Op mentioned, if you use a chat program it will get your chat contacts from MSN or whatever...but won't list those contacts in the phone contact list as far as I know.
    04-10-09 12:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD