I can't figure out how to save sounds/ringtone's when I send one to myself as an MMS. Any help would be greatly apreciated.

II hope I'm not regretting giving up my LG Dare...but just switched to the Storm (with Verizon) and this is my first Blackberry.

With the LG Dare after I created one for myself using mobile17.com or by any other means I sent it to myself as a picture message and just hit "save as sound" and "save as ringtone" and that was that. Now it seems there is some convoluted way with a Blackberry. Help!!!! LOL.
    12-18-08 10:28 AM
    Are you making ringtones over your computer? If so, just transfer the song to your computer and it'll show up in your media folder. Select the song/ringtone and hit the menu button, the option will appear that says "Set as Ring Tone".

Thats how I've always done it. If theres a song I want as a ringtone, I'll just dl the song via Amazon (or iTunes but if you do it through iTunes you'll have to remove the DRM...if you want more info on that I can provide that as well).

Once I do that, I'll open up any video editing software I have (which also allows you to edit songs) and trim the song down to the length I want and the portion I want it to play as my ringtone. Save it, send to phone, set as ringtone.
    12-18-08 10:30 AM
    Check out the Blackberry 101 link in my signature - there is a tutorial on downloading and installing ringtones that should help you out.
    12-18-08 11:00 AM
    Check out the Blackberry 101 link in my signature - there is a tutorial on downloading and installing ringtones that should help you out.

Thanks azeis. I was looking for something similar to this as well.

P.S. As a fellow Mets fan who would you rather have, Lowe or resign Perez?
    Last edited by Double 0; 12-18-08 at 11:22 AM.
    12-18-08 11:17 AM
    MYXER go to that site and you'll find lots already created or you can upload a song from your desktop and make your own--it's pretty easy!!
    12-18-08 11:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD