ok... im not even sure im doing anything right anymore.... including posting this.... i got the bb storm because the original phone that i purchased for my husband had issues and it ended up being cheaper to replace our phone w the storms instead of keeping the same kind of phone... i know i have a phone that is more than i will ever need... but i really like it and would love to use it for everything i can... however... i cant seem to work the media center in my desktop manager..... which also mean that i cant figure out how to put movies on my phone.... i was finally able to transfer music and that was after several hours of several days of messing around w it.... im not computer illiterate.... but im not really savvy either.... i feel im totally lost on just trying to be able to put any time of movie or clip or anything on it.... can anyone help?

yes... i know im an ***** for not already figuring this out on my own.....
    06-12-09 11:25 PM
    errr... that was any type of movie....
    06-12-09 11:26 PM
    If you plug in your phone via usb and enable mass storage mode when prompted, you can just drag and drop your media onto the memory card. I believe it comes up as blackberry 1 and blackberry 2. And I THINK the card is blackberry 2. Don't quote me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-12-09 11:31 PM
    If you plug in your phone via usb and enable mass storage mode when prompted, you can just drag and drop your media onto the memory card. I believe it comes up as blackberry 1 and blackberry 2. And I THINK the card is blackberry 2. Don't quote me.

I'll quote you. It is BLACKBERRY2
    06-12-09 11:35 PM
    when i plug in my phone... its not prompting anything.. i know it recognizes it... but thats all i could tell you for the most part... i enabled mass storage device on the phone itself where the memory is.... does it matter that im on vista or anything?
    06-12-09 11:39 PM
    Thanks Dave!
    I'm not familiar with vista. I use a Mac. But when you plug it in your phone will prompt you to enable mass storage mode. I see you've already done that. For me, the drives mount on the desktop. Like you just popped a mem card into the computer. Try a search for drag and drop, or adding media. If I find anything I will let you know.

06-12-09 11:45 PM
    I don't think it really matters what version of windows you're running. I've never used roxio mainly because it never installs right on my pc. I have found that for music and ringtone management that the above mentioned drag and drop method works best. For movies on the other hand i found that using a program called handbrake to convert the movie file to the appropriate format and then dragging that file into your movie folder seems to work best. Handbrake has preset formats for different conversions. The one I usually use is the iPod low rez format with 2 pass encoding with a turbo first pass. Works wonders for me. Just designate a destination folder obviously where you won't lose it like I have in the past lol. Feel free to email me or anything with any problems you may have with any of it.
    06-12-09 11:48 PM
    Thanks Dave!
    I'm not familiar with vista. I use a Mac. But when you plug it in your phone will prompt you to enable mass storage mode. I see you've already done that. For me, the drives mount on the desktop. Like you just popped a mem card into the computer. Try a search for drag and drop, or adding media. If I find anything I will let you know.

I use a mac with pocketmac myself. Even though they claim it syncs with itunes and what not I still find it easier to just manage all my media myself with the drag and drop method and creating all my own folders.
    06-12-09 11:50 PM
    I use a mac with pocketmac myself. Even though they claim it syncs with itunes and what not I still find it easier to just manage all my media myself with the drag and drop method and creating all my own folders.
    i don't even bother anymore. just drag/drop and google sync.
    06-12-09 11:54 PM
    starrkravenmad- after you plugged your phone in, did you check in My Computer?
    06-12-09 11:56 PM
    i understand that. I was so frustrated when I first got my mac till I learned that I could do it that way. I absolutely hate roxio lol.
    06-12-09 11:56 PM
    Not all format of video works on the Storm.

So first, you have to tell us what format is the video.

Dragging and dropping the video might not work if it's an a recognizable format.

If it is a recognized format it's as easy as dragging and dropping. If it is NOT, then you will need to use Roxio to make the transfer for you, which takes some time, but it's still easy to do....

So tell me which format and then we can take it from there...
    06-13-09 12:20 AM
    Agreed lol

ok... im not even sure im doing anything right anymore.... including posting this.... i got the bb storm because the original phone that i purchased for my husband had issues and it ended up being cheaper to replace our phone w the storms instead of keeping the same kind of phone... i know i have a phone that is more than i will ever need... but i really like it and would love to use it for everything i can... however... i cant seem to work the media center in my desktop manager..... which also mean that i cant figure out how to put movies on my phone.... i was finally able to transfer music and that was after several hours of several days of messing around w it.... im not computer illiterate.... but im not really savvy either.... i feel im totally lost on just trying to be able to put any time of movie or clip or anything on it.... can anyone help?

yes... i know im an ***** for not already figuring this out on my own.....
    06-13-09 12:45 AM
    Before your phone will prompt anything you first have to go to option then to memory then on the tab mass storage you have to enable it also you need to set the auto enable mass storage to either prompt or yes option then save. Once you connect after you complete those steps it will prompt you to turn on mass storage and then you can drag and drop any files you want to your storm. PM me if you have any other questions.

Last edited by fire911fighter; 06-13-09 at 01:07 AM.
    06-13-09 12:59 AM
    ok... si i finally got the blackeberry 1 and blackberry 2 options.... i opened the file and dragged a movie to the folder.... the computer shows its there but the phone does not (no.. i have absolutely no idea why it all of a sudden works or why it doesnt... my computer just does that crap)..... the one movie is in an itunes format originally and the other is wmv.... no i dont know what any of this means except that they may not work.... which at this point and time... oddly enough... im ok w.... i just want to make sure im doing this correctly so i dont start ripping my hair out
    06-13-09 10:48 AM
    ok... si i finally got the blackeberry 1 and blackberry 2 options.... i opened the file and dragged a movie to the folder.... the computer shows its there but the phone does not (no.. i have absolutely no idea why it all of a sudden works or why it doesnt... my computer just does that crap)..... the one movie is in an itunes format originally and the other is wmv.... no i dont know what any of this means except that they may not work.... which at this point and time... oddly enough... im ok w.... i just want to make sure im doing this correctly so i dont start ripping my hair out

Is your phone still connected.

You are doing it right.
    The video from iTunes should DEFINITELY play since that format is recognized by the Storm.

Make sure you have discounted the phone from the computer. Only then you will see the file in your phone.
    06-13-09 02:38 PM
    once disconnected then if they still do not show on your phone. do a battery pull and when it reboots they will be there.
    06-13-09 04:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD