From loading every time I boot up. It significantly slows me down when trying to initially use the computer. I did a quick search but didn't find anything.

Thanks.
    01-20-09 01:24 PM
    I think you may need the disc to change startup options and I'm too lazy to look into that. However, if you go to Start-> Run -> and type in msconfig, you can select the applications you want to open on startup of your computer. Go over to the startup tab and uncheck the box for Desktop Manager, hope this helps.
    01-20-09 01:30 PM
    Many thanks. I'll give that a try when I get home this evening. Again, thanks.
    01-20-09 02:09 PM
    Windows Xp
    Start > Run > Type msconfig and hit enter > Start Up Tab
    Uncheck everything you don't want to start up on boot
    Reboot

Windows Vista
    Start > Type msconfig in the search and hit enter > Start Up Tab
    Uncheck everything you don't want to start up on boot
    Reboot
    01-20-09 02:20 PM
    It's not that hard. It just dumps a shortcut in your profile in the statup folder.
    Just go here:
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
    and delete the shortcut
    Done!
    01-20-09 02:57 PM
    I actually prefer to use CCleaner to manage my Startup list. Just Google it. CCleaner is freeware that clears your temp internet files, as well as other files that aren't needed. You control what the program cleans. Under Tools, Startup, just uncheck any program you don't want to auto-load. Using msconfig will prompt you to reboot, then will give you a dialog box referring to the change you made. Just remember to uncheck the "Show at startup" box if you do use msconfig.
    01-20-09 03:48 PM
    Thanks, guys.
    01-20-09 03:57 PM
    dont mean to jack your thread but can any of you point me in the right direction as to where i can download desktop manager and all the drivers i need to sync my storm to my comp?

the disc drive took a dump on my laptop and i really have no other way to get the software on here, thanks in advance!!
    01-20-09 04:09 PM
    dont mean to jack your thread but can any of you point me in the right direction as to where i can download desktop manager and all the drivers i need to sync my storm to my comp?

the disc drive took a dump on my laptop and i really have no other way to get the software on here, thanks in advance!!
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...D77DD285B4AE39

Fill out the info and download the file it provides you with. That's everything you will need.
    01-20-09 04:16 PM
    thanks man!
    01-20-09 04:28 PM
    You could just go into your control panel into the add/remove programs. Choose the BB Desktop Manager and choose "modify". This will take you through a few steps and you will end up at the screen that gives you three or four options. Just make sure that the one for run desktop manager at startup isn't checked. Finish the install and it's all good.
    01-20-09 04:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD