I absolutely love my Blackberry Storm 9530, but I do have one issue: How to set call priority? In other words, how do I make sure that no matter what I am doing, or what updating, etc. the BBS may be doing, that people who call me actually make the phone RING and I can ANSWER live, rather than it going to voice mail. If it is not a feature or option in the settings, is there a recommended third party software app?

Please note that I have done the following: I make sure all open programs are closed when I am finished. I do my battery pull at least once, sometimes a few times a day. I have memory enhancement programs.

And yet, almost 4 out of 5 times when I just look at my BBS to see if I missed anything, that irritating clock-timer is running, and I have voice mail calls.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
    07-15-09 04:14 PM
    I absolutely love my Blackberry Storm 9530, but I do have one issue: How to set call priority? In other words, how do I make sure that no matter what I am doing, or what updating, etc. the BBS may be doing, that people who call me actually make the phone RING and I can ANSWER live, rather than it going to voice mail. If it is not a feature or option in the settings, is there a recommended third party software app?

Please note that I have done the following: I make sure all open programs are closed when I am finished. I do my battery pull at least once, sometimes a few times a day. I have memory enhancement programs.

And yet, almost 4 out of 5 times when I just look at my BBS to see if I missed anything, that irritating clock-timer is running, and I have voice mail calls.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

What version of the OS are you Running?
    07-15-09 04:36 PM
    I am using Blackberry OS 4.7.
    07-15-09 06:45 PM
    OS 4.7.65? .75, .148....if your not on .148, upgrade and see if that helps
    07-15-09 06:48 PM
    I believe that in all versions of the BB OS, the phone is supposed to take priority over everything else (if you're on CDMA and using data, the phone will interrupt the data stream and kick over to voice, etc.) -- if you're seeing the spinning clock, it's not an issue with call priority, it's an issue with your device/the OS lagging. The call still has priority over everything, the OS is just stuck trying to get to the call screen. Hence, if you're running an OS version that is not 4.7.0.148, we'd advise upgrading -- each successive version of the OS has gotten progressively better at reducing lag.
    07-15-09 06:56 PM
    I have been using OS 4.7.148, and you guys were right, the lag was caused by the multiple themes I had on the Storm. With those gone, all is good.

Thank you guys so much!
    07-15-09 07:00 PM
    A phone is a phone afterall and voice should always take priority over data and I believe Verizon have at least gotten that right. I can't say this for other carriers but I'd assume that's the case with other carriers as well unless you're few of those lucky ones that are on HSPA (or I forget what it's called) capable network that allows both data and voice simultaneously.
    07-15-09 08:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD