Title says it all.

What's the point of having almost 1GB if you cannot save to it?

Is there an app out there, like that Card Loader program, that will allow you to save apps to this area?

Currently my Storm reads Device Memory Total Space: 879.2MB, Free Space: 868.9MB. So evidently something is stored in there.

And if you cannot intentionally choose to store apps, music, pictures, etc., to that area, what's the point of having it?

EDIT: Duh-oh. Just figured out why. It's for storage when you don't have a media card, right? But is there an app that will allow me to store working programs here, like having an extension of application memory?
    Last edited by blixtrande; 10-06-09 at 04:29 PM. Reason: DU
    10-06-09 04:16 PM
    Simple, the used memory includes your OS files and standard programs. The reason why you have device memory is to keep your device running smoothly, the media card is for all your media so it doesn't use all of your device memory and start slowing down your phone, deleting messages etc......
    10-06-09 04:30 PM
    No, you cannot store apps there. It is for pictures, music, etc. You have to tell your Storm to use the media card for storage. It will default to device memory. The application memory is where your apps go. This is what gives some of us OCD, to the point we need MeterBerry.....lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-06-09 05:02 PM
    There is one app called aerize card loader that you can use to store apps to your memory card. Some people have gotten it to work and others haven't. Good luck.
    10-06-09 05:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD