Just got my storm a few days ago and I'm enjoying it. But I've noticed now that, after playing for a while, when I open the list of running apps, google maps, tiltris, brick breaker, help... are all open, along with the usual phone, messages, and so on. How do I actually shut down the apps when I'm done with them? I've been either pushing the red "hang up" key or going into the menu and choosing "close" when it's available (and it isn't always an option).

I'd rather not reboot, but the phone is getting understandably sluggish after having all of these things running at the same time.
    01-24-09 11:09 PM
    bb button+close will work.

red phone (end) button will leave them open.
    01-24-09 11:13 PM
    Yeah you can either hit the bb key and hit close (recommended because it always works) or hold down the return key on some apps.
    If you dont want to go through the hassle of shutting all of them down manually, just do a battery pull and all we be closed
    01-24-09 11:18 PM
    i got in the habbit of hitting the back button (the button to the right of the blackberry menu button) to close apps and now everytime i check i have just the default apps running.

Edit: Phone, Browser, Home, and Messages will always be running.
    01-24-09 11:23 PM
    I'm running .90 and found a solution somewhere on here that will keep the device from becomming sluggish.

Options-->Security Options --> Memory Cleaning --> Enable --> the only option i changed was show on desktop.. I think it actually appears in the applications folder.. anyways.. i can't remember if memory cleaning was in previous versions, but it definitely helps restore some memory
    01-24-09 11:30 PM
    Memory cleaning is really intended as a security feature, so it's not going to have the level of impact that closing running apps will.
    01-24-09 11:31 PM
    Ah, thanks... the contextual menus were throwing me off... when I would look in google maps, for example, there was no "close", until I got back to the main page of the application. All good now!
    01-24-09 11:32 PM
    An easy way to close the program is to just hold down the back button while in the program. This will tell the storm to close the program and go back to the previous screen.
    01-24-09 11:33 PM
    Yeah, you have to get into the habbit of not pressing the Red End Key but the Return Key. Through this the app closes.
    By holding the BlackBerry Button it shows the running apps.
    01-25-09 02:42 AM
    I always hit the close button, never the red. It works out quite well for me.
    01-25-09 02:49 AM
    I agree with Crackberrykills....the close button is the best way!
    01-25-09 02:27 PM
    Yup. Smart phones take some getting used to. You can't treat them like your old dumb phone. I'm now used to holding down the back button to close out.
    01-25-09 02:30 PM
    It would be nice to have an application that will kill all running applications!
    01-25-09 03:17 PM
    I have read the thread here but I too am having issues getting my storm to close apps especially video, i can play but then if I get an error messge or the file is not correct I cannot get it to cut off and play anything else. Also which button is the BB button that everyone is referring to to see what apps are running. Thanks!
    01-25-09 05:25 PM
    A hammer or dropping it in water will work for sure!
    01-25-09 05:35 PM
    I need constructive feedback not destructive! I have already spend hours trying to figure out this device and the blackberry platform and I can't let it win!
    01-25-09 05:40 PM
    A hammer or dropping it in water will work for sure!
    I love it..... There are times when I would love to!!
    01-25-09 06:25 PM
    I need constructive feedback not destructive! I have already spend hours trying to figure out this device and the blackberry platform and I can't let it win!
    Trust me....don't let the phone get to you! It has a lot of bugs that need to be worked out. A little humor is great once in a while.
    01-25-09 06:27 PM
    Water and Hammers are tempting and humor has kept me from going insane. I thought the Treo had a learning curve. I do love the device so I will WIN! Any help is appreciated!
    01-25-09 06:32 PM
    Water and Hammers are tempting and humor has kept me from going insane. I thought the Treo had a learning curve. I do love the device so I will WIN! Any help is appreciated!
    Is this your first device? Check this link out:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/
    01-25-09 06:37 PM
    Yes, I have been going through the online module, and CB. On CB I found out how to convert video so that was awesome. I have only had it three days so I know I need to work on it. I will check out your link. THANKS!
    01-25-09 06:55 PM
    Yes, I have been going through the online module, and CB. On CB I found out how to convert video so that was awesome. I have only had it three days so I know I need to work on it. I will check out your link. THANKS!
    Anytime!! This is a great place to learn about the phone. Good luck!
    01-25-09 06:58 PM
    On it! Thanks
    01-25-09 07:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD