When I use my Storm with the leather holster and set it to vibrate I miss my calls and messages because I can't feel the vibration thru the holster. Is there anything that can fix this please?
    01-05-09 08:53 PM
    It is what it is. Either get a new holster or try something else. There is no making it vibrate harder.
    01-05-09 09:02 PM
    There is one possible aid though: your results may vary, but what I've found sometimes helps:

By default the Vibrate function wil give you the standard, medium-length vibration. If you create a custom profile, you can set the Vibrate function to Custom and set it to Short, Medium or Long, as well as how many times it will vibrate (before ringing for example, in an audible profile.) I've found that, for whatever reason, I "feel" the phone vibrating better when set up on the short vibrations.

Try it yourself, hopefully this helps! But otherwise, as CX noted, unfortunately there's no way to make the vibration feature *stronger*. I do wish that were possible, I find the Storm's vibration feature a tad weak.
    01-05-09 09:27 PM
    Thanks!! I set it for long vibration and if that doesn't work I'll try the short.
    01-05-09 09:38 PM
    Whatever happened to the old school vibrating belt clips? The vibrating mechanism was in the clip.

BlackBerry cases already have the sleep magnet, maybe it's time to add the vibrating clip.
    01-05-09 09:46 PM
    My Moto e815 got a significant increase in the strength of the vibrate with an update, so hopefully the same is possible via the Storm...
    01-05-09 10:31 PM
    A vibrating belt-clip would be neat, but wouldn't that require a battery in the clip as well? Unless there was some other trick to it...

I suppose they could try to change how the vibrating motor works (perhaps like a short-short-long, or yeah, increase the intensity somehow if possible), but even if so, wouldn't you worry that it would adversely affect the battery life? Though I'd like the vibe feature to be stronger, I wouldn't want one at the cost of a largely reduced battery life. With the amount of phone calls I'd get to my MotoKRZR or even my BB8830 before, I did notice a big difference when using the phone on Vibrate mode, versus Ring.
    01-05-09 10:37 PM
    A vibrating belt-clip would be neat, but wouldn't that require a battery in the clip as well? Unless there was some other trick to it...
    I seem to recall phones back in the 90s that didn't allow for vibrating calls but there were belt clips that had vibrating mechanisms in them and when the phone was clipped in, it was activated and it would ring and vibrate.

It was just a basic belt clip, no bigger than most. Worked perfectly for me.

Edit: Something like this

Amazon.com: Nokia Belt Clip for Nokia 5100, 6100, and 7100 Series Phones: Cell Phones & Service

I don't see any mention about vibration, maybe I was dreaming? If it wasn't the clip, those phones had one **** of a vibrate mechanism in them.
    Last edited by 6157; 01-05-09 at 11:25 PM.
    01-05-09 11:22 PM
    I too am having the same problem. I have tried customizing my ringtones and making it both short and long pulses but in the holster, unless i am paying attention to my phone waiting for it to vibrate or having my hand on the case i would not realize my phone was vibrating. but long story short I miss many calls because i cant feel it.
    03-04-09 04:29 PM
    I too am having the same problem. I have tried customizing my ringtones and making it both short and long pulses but in the holster, unless i am paying attention to my phone waiting for it to vibrate or having my hand on the case i would not realize my phone was vibrating. but long story short I miss many calls because i cant feel it.
    thats what she said
    03-04-09 05:47 PM
    I wish there was something to be done...
    03-04-09 05:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD