I run 5.0.328

THe only three apps i use are..
    Facebook
    Slacker
    ESPN

I have a 4GB SD card and usually run at 34gb free space..over the course of 3-4 days i drop to 8-9gb and txt starts getting real slow.. battery pull solves the prob its just a hassle
    01-22-10 07:46 PM
    Unfortunately that is about normal. Most S1 users QuickPull or battery pull every day or or two with moderate or heavy use. If you are streaming a lot of music with slacker, it would explain the leak. Sorry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-10 07:55 PM
    Unfortunately that is about normal. Most S1 users QuickPull or battery pull every day or or two with moderate or heavy use. If you are streaming a lot of music with slacker, it would explain the leak. Sorry.

A daily battery pull is completely unacceptable! Why do people continue to use this POS?
    01-22-10 07:59 PM
    Preaching to the choir bro.

01-22-10 08:26 PM
    I love my storm but yea the constant battery pulls is annoying but besides that the phones great.

01-22-10 08:37 PM
    Yeah I'm also plague by memeory leaks as well. I've made two recent post on how long I can go without a reboot.

My first test I was not able to last more than two days without rebooting.

I came across a product called BerryJoose that claimed to fix memory leaks and improve speed. So I decided to run the test again. To see my test go to the 3rd party section on this forum.

Any how this is my 3rd day and I'm still going. My memory flux between 0-4MB but my device seems to operate just the same as when I rebooted. I don't experience the slowness that is typical when memory is low

01-22-10 08:38 PM
    Yeah I'm also plague by memeory leaks as well. I've made two recent post on how long I can go without a reboot.

My first test I was not able to last more than two days without rebooting.

I came across a product called BerryJoose that claimed to fix memory leaks and improve speed. So I decided to run the test again. To see my test go to the 3rd party section on this forum.

Any how this is my 3rd day and I'm still going. My memory flux between 0-4MB but my device seems to operate just the same as when I rebooted. I don't experience the slowness that is typical when memory is low

running it with such low avalible memory can, not necessarily will, but can damage the device...just a fyi
    01-23-10 12:46 AM
    I run 5.0.328

THe only three apps i use are..
    Facebook
    Slacker
    ESPN

I have a 4GB SD card and usually run at 34gb free space..over the course of 3-4 days i drop to 8-9gb and txt starts getting real slow.. battery pull solves the prob its just a hassle
    I leave my BB-9530 on 24/7 and run app called "Memory Card Cleaner" once daily. It's available on this site. Runs for about 3 to 5 seconds and it's done!

ps: I also have 16 Gig mem card installed
    01-23-10 01:06 AM
    or yo ucan go back to a StarTac...
    ROFL NICE!

I get annoyed seeing my phone drop 8 mbs out of 20 to start within a couple hours. Partially MeterBerry's fault for letting me see my avail memory at a glance lol.

I tell people that my S1 & I have a love/hate relationship. I'd go back to a non-touchscreen BB before going to an iPhone.

I haven't found the motivation to start my phone from scratch (security wipe, reinstall apps, etc). Much like re-imaging a pc. PITA!
    01-25-10 01:10 PM
    running it with such low avalible memory can, not necessarily will, but can damage the device...just a fyi
    Really? What is the suggested memory?

=X=
    01-25-10 01:26 PM
    Lol pull it before you go to bed. sounds funny

01-25-10 05:35 PM
    You should try one of those apps that recover memory

01-25-10 05:37 PM

That's crap.

I run .191 on my S1 and I leave it on 24/7 and never have to do battery pulls or restarts.

That's with standard apps running (nothing extra). So it's either:
    A) The difference in OS (Somebody forgot to mem manage)
    B) One of the apps is leaking.

How the **** do so many memory leaks happen on the storm? It's all written in Java. I'm a software engineer and know quite a bit about programming (not necessarily for embedded apps, though that's what I deal with every day), if it was written in C/C++ I'd understand, but the whole reason Java is slow as balls is because it runs RT byte code in a VM which does memory management - so you don't have to. How the **** does everybody manage so many memory leaks?
    01-25-10 06:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD