07-25-09 12:27 AM
    what does RTFM mean?
    Read The Flipin Manual

Replace Flipin with the other F word

07-25-09 12:33 AM

edit: i got sidetracked and the idiot above me beat me to it
    same here sheesh!
    07-25-09 12:34 AM
    Wow, you guys are all pretty unfriendly. FWIW I always hit up a google search before I RTFM and 90% of answers come from forums like this one. So one person might ask a "dumb" question, but end up helping out a ton of other people because of it.
    07-26-09 09:09 AM
    it has nothing to do with friendly/unfriendly, actually...there are certain things that you are expected to do for yourself. if you can't do the most basic of these things, then expect to get a hard time. we have no problem helping you along, but if you won't take matters into your own hands, then why should we take the time?

and as for you asking the "dumb" question so that others may benefit:

1) it's been asked before, and there are threads about it

2) even if it wasn't asked before, and no threads existed, it's in many, MANY tutorials, and even in the :gasp: manual!
    07-26-09 11:39 PM
    Too many people rely on this

They need learn to help themselves more and rely on others less
    07-26-09 11:51 PM
    And if all else fails, take off the battery plate, take out the battery and it says PIN: XXXXXXX. Can't miss that one for sure.
    ..or you can find it on the "Black"Box your BB came in...
    07-27-09 03:49 AM
    another nice feature

hold the "back" button and click the top left corner, top right corner, top left corner, top right corner

Brings up the "Help Me" screen
    Just FYI, you don't click, but tap the screen. Also, it works anywhere on the screen (even in the middle) as long as there's no icons you're tapping on. The keytrap is for any taps that happen on each half of the screen (i.e. left and right).
    07-27-09 09:02 AM
    the easy way..alt+caps+h....you will see your vendor id,platform,app version and PIN..it works on other devices but i havent tried it on the storm
    Last edited by Victor_; 07-27-09 at 09:10 AM.
    07-27-09 09:07 AM
    Just FYI, you don't click, but tap the screen. Also, it works anywhere on the screen (even in the middle) as long as there's no icons you're tapping on. The keytrap is for any taps that happen on each half of the screen (i.e. left and right).
    lol, damn you are right. I think its wrong in the how to section
    07-27-09 11:32 AM
    This thread was good for a laugh!

It would be beneficial to many people if they took a little time and RTFM .

The "mypin" tip, and many others, can be found in PK's Tips thread found in the How To sub-forum.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    but there isn't a manual for the storm.
    07-27-09 11:42 AM
    So when I click the "blackberry" icon button, that is not the blackberry menu? What a stupid feature!
    Think of it this way: The "Options" icon that you're looking for (with the wrench icon on it) is the equivalent of going to the Control Panel on a Windows computer. The BB button is the equivalent of doing a right click on a Windows computer.
    07-28-09 12:05 AM
    in anywhere you can enter text type "mypin" then hit the space bar and you will get something like pin:xxxxxxxx
    07-28-09 03:03 AM
    the easy way..alt+caps+h....you will see your vendor id,platform,app version and PIN..it works on other devices but i havent tried it on the storm
    this does not work on the Storm... this is a Storm forum
    07-28-09 03:05 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD