Ok I just want to be able to find threads I responded/posted to or threads I created.

I spent 10 minutes or so trying to find a valid hit using search with:

"how to find my own post" 0 hits
    how to find my own post 100 of 500 hits displayed not obvious that any are what I want

how to find "my own" post 0 hits
    how to find "my post" 0 hits

Sometimes I can get stuff with search if I try enough but then other times it is 0 or 500 hits that are all over the place no matter if you do by THREAD or by POST.

If I click MY ACCOUNT (the natural place for this information) I get:

Member Account Settings / Options:
    Modify your CrackBerry.com Registration Information
    Change Password/Email Address on file
    Modify your CrackBerry.com Forum Settings
    Change User Signature, Avatar, Forum Options, etc.
    Create/Modify your @CrackBerry.com Email Address
    Add or Edit your current @CrackBerry.com email address
    Current Referrals!
    View all the members that joined CrackBerry.com from one of your referrals!
    May we suggest visiting:
    Visit the CrackBerry Community Site
    Our home page with editorial content, interactive features and more!
    Visit the CrackBerry Forums Site
    Interact with our other community members in our forum.
    Visit the CrackBerry Store
    Buy the latest gear for your CrackBerry devices.

Nothing obvious there. Seemed like an obvious place but can not find anything about threads or posts in there.

The only way I have ever figured out how to find my posts is to find one first which can be hard. You can use search and type in your username and by POST and you get a list of lots of them that are not me and finally find one that was from me. Or I can create a new post/thread and then click on my username in that post.

From there I know I can click on my username and View public profile then do:
    Find all posts by bbstorm4me
    Find all threads started by bbstorm4me

But what i wanted to do was to find either one of those in the first place without thru a backdoor somewhere.

I do not see anything in the UserCP or FAQ

I have thought about trying to save a bookmark of the search that the forum uses to find those but that sounds silly too.

All posts by bbstorm4me (guess you have to figure out a user ID):
    http://forums.crackberry.com/search....duser&u=439684

All threads started by bbstorm4me:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/search....ser=bbstorm4me

I guess those will work.

But what is the correct way to do it?
    Last edited by bbstorm4me; 01-01-09 at 10:56 PM.
    01-01-09 10:50 PM
    In wap, top of the page "subscribed".
    On your pc user cp. Any responses to threads you've posted in will show in the center of the page, if you look at lower center there is a show all or prior button. Also in the advanced search option there is a find posts by user name option.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-09 10:58 PM
    I do not show anything under subscribed. If I click SUBSCRIBED when logged into WAP it says" This folder is empty"
    If you mean the line under SUBSCRIBED, it says"Logged in as bbstorm4me 0 New PMs | UserCP

PMs are just Private messages. So I am not sure what you are refering to with the subscribed. It does not help me with finding my posts or threads.

I have never subscribed to anything. I just look at the "Blackberry STORM 9530/9500 forum" I am not subscribed to anything. What does subscribing do for you?

On my PC in Usercp in the center it just says:"New Subscribed Threads: (0)
    There are no subscribed threads to display in this folder for this time period."

The Advanced search option however does show both of them quite nicely. I just never really thought of using advanced search by user for myself. So we have a ** WINNER**. Thanks! That method will work!

Other user forums I have used in the past always had the abilbity to find my posts and threads from the equivalent of the MY ACCOUNT area.

Thanks for your help! I have bookmarks now and the "Advanced Search by User" option. If I can just remember how to do it next time....
    01-02-09 12:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD