I am trying not to be a storm hater. I just switched from a Treo 700p (loved it) to the storm (well, um). I could customize everything on the Treo and I am brand new to the BB family. For example, how do I set my quick call list to be an icon so I can touch it and call the people I want? I am already tired of the menu, sub menu, sub menu. Is there a faster way to do the things I want? Can I create my own applications?
    11-24-08 02:14 PM
    Yes you can create your own apps, but you have to know how. Obviously this phone is brand new and there is still a lot going on as far as developing apps for it. Your "fully customizable" storm won't become a reality until people can create their own themes etc. Its all in the works.

As far as creating your own icon, im not sure about that but i do know you can rebind your left and right convenience keys by going to options -> keyboard/screen and scrolling down
    11-24-08 02:18 PM
    Read The User Manual
    11-24-08 02:20 PM
    right and left key can be mapped to anything . . .also options in phone dialer for default screen (contacts, numbers, call list etc). Play around for a bit . . .gonna be different but there are a crap load of menu options you can customize.
    11-24-08 02:27 PM
    I'm also coming from a Treo 700p and I know what you're saying...steep learning curve here. Learning a new interface AND a whole new menu system.

First few times I tried to make a phone call, I was like "WTF? There's GOT to be an easier way!"

From the tips I got here...I set the phone app to default to the Contacts list, and programmed the right side-button to bring up the keyboard so, I just hit the green button, hit the side button, and type the first couple of letters.

Also, once you bring up a contact, you don't have to try to click on the number you want to dial...bring up the contact then hit the Blackberry menu button (hard button), you'll have "Call Mobile", "Call Home", etc.

My biggest problem never having owned a BB prior to this is remembering that the Blackberry menu button is there. I'm used to having lots of buttons and pull-down menus on the screen. Here...there's nothing.

Took me sending about a dozen e-mails before I stopped looking on the screen for the "Send" button. Now, I just hit the BB Menu button twice and the e-mail is on it's way.
    11-24-08 03:04 PM
    Awesome! How do I do it? I have looked all over this site and would welcome any and all help!!!
    11-24-08 04:33 PM
    I have read the user manual and watched the video etc. I thought the manual was thin at best. I've noticed that you get more info online. Has that been your experience?
    11-24-08 04:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD