I have a hot lead that one of the Verizon locations in my area got a few of these in today and is willing to let me come in and play with them. I'd like to report back later with whatever I can find out about this SWEET morsel of engineering.

I'm new to Blackberry and have no idea how they work, really, but I am somewhat tech-savvy so I'm sure I can figure it out. Can someone please tell me how to check the SW version on this baby so I can tell you all what I find once I get my grubby paws on one later today?

Thanks!

P.S. Any other SPECIFIC questions you want answers to? Make sure to include some idea of HOW to get the info you want if it's anything of a technical nature, as I have about 35 minutes grand total of life-long Blackberry experience. :shame:
    11-18-08 01:11 PM
    Setup -> About, and it's listed on the first page.
    11-18-08 01:17 PM
    Setup -> About, and it's listed on the first page.
    Thanks.

Anyone else have unanswered questions.
    11-18-08 01:35 PM
    check out the dailer. noone seems to talk about it/take pics of it
    11-18-08 01:41 PM
    check out the dailer. noone seems to talk about it/take pics of it
    No promise about pics, but I'll see what I can find out about 1-touch dialing. Any other specific aspects of the dial options you want looked at?
    11-18-08 01:44 PM
    how far in does the screen click? does it do that aweful rippling when you youch it, like the bold?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-08 01:46 PM
    I have a hot lead that one of the Verizon locations in my area got a few of these in today and is willing to let me come in and play with them. I'd like to report back later with whatever I can find out about this SWEET morsel of engineering.

I'm new to Blackberry and have no idea how they work, really, but I am somewhat tech-savvy so I'm sure I can figure it out. Can someone please tell me how to check the SW version on this baby so I can tell you all what I find once I get my grubby paws on one later today?

Thanks!

P.S. Any other SPECIFIC questions you want answers to? Make sure to include some idea of HOW to get the info you want if it's anything of a technical nature, as I have about 35 minutes grand total of life-long Blackberry experience. :shame:
    Try this for fun, with the phone in portrait, (suretype), hold the alt key and type

eace

see if the help screen with OS version doesn't pop up.
    11-18-08 01:46 PM
    how far in does the screen click? does it do that aweful rippling when you youch it, like the bold?

Estimate 1mm, no it doesn't ripple, but while swiping to scroll etc it does "move"... as there's a 1mm ish gap all around the screen.
    11-18-08 01:49 PM
    good to hear, that ripple makes the bold look kinda cheap

11-18-08 01:51 PM
    Any more? I'm leaving to check it out in 3 minutes
    11-18-08 01:52 PM
    No promise about pics, but I'll see what I can find out about 1-touch dialing. Any other specific aspects of the dial options you want looked at?
    When you press "send" (green button) you get taken to the call screen from home. You can have three tabs: numberpad for manual dialing, call list, and contacts. You can customise which of these you want as default.

On numberpad, you can press and hold the numeric keys (eg. one for answerphone) and it dials.

If you have numberpad as the default, then you're two clicks minimum from dialing. If you have call list/contacts, three clicks.

HTH
    11-18-08 01:53 PM
    let us know if any updates... no one here has yet to get their hands on one.. AND check the software version!!

I think they are to excited and get that "i need to pee" feeling when around it!!

lol
    11-18-08 03:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD