I am an avid user of Pandora, Slacker, iHeartRadio, and MLB for mobile. However, one problem keeps coming up; any time I get an e-mail message (or text), my stream pauses. I often will lose the connection (especially on iHeartRadio) or there is a significant pause. Any idea how I can change the settings so that doesn't happen? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!
    07-29-09 05:53 PM
    that happens with my pandora sometimes
    07-29-09 06:02 PM
    Turn off any "audible alerts" you have configured for mail or message notification. This will not stop the notification entirely but it will not pause the phone for a prolonged period while the alert tone plays.

BB first and foremost is an information device and incoming calls, mail or texts will override apps. If your connection is a bit weak to start with you may get dropped by a streaming app.

The phone can't "multi-stream" so it uses a priority system for threading. "Native OS apps" will always overrule 3rd party apps. Otherwise you could go all day without the phone ever ringing while you listened to tunes.
    07-29-09 06:23 PM
    sms = voice network

streaming media = data network

EVDO = no simultaneous voice and data...

sorry...
    07-29-09 07:18 PM
    Hey all - thanks. I wondered if the EVDO network would not be able to do both simultaneously. This is great help - thanks all!
    07-29-09 07:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD