i recently set-up my blackberry native email address ([email protected]) so i could take advantage of all the smrtguard guardian tools. ever since setting-up this new email address i have been having a problem when i use my primary email address ([email protected]): when i compose a new email, at the top of the screen it gives me an option to send via <default> (currently the [email protected]) <desktop> ([email protected]) or <[email protected]>. i don't ever send using my blackberry.net email and want the default to be the [email protected]. how do i change this?

thanks in advance for any help you can provide!
    04-05-09 08:19 PM
    options > advanced > default services

With that said... your BB will remember the last email account you used to send mail to XYZ recipient so you will need to force the account to the new default account only one time when sending mail to the recipients you originally experienced the problem with. Any new recipients will automatically go with the new default.
    04-05-09 08:21 PM
    options > advanced > default services
    that is currently set to <desktop>. the other option in there is <[email protected]> which how it seems to be working.
    04-05-09 08:23 PM
    Sounds like you are missing the service books for one or more of your email accounts. Try resending the service books from BIS website, then see if the desired mail account is listed as a choice in default services. <desktop> should not even be a choice.
    04-05-09 08:27 PM
    Sounds like you are missing the service books for one or more of your email accounts. Try resending the service books from BIS website, then see if the desired mail account is listed as a choice in default services. <desktop> should not even be a choice.
    i'm sorry, i should have mentioned that i have bes through a hosted exchange account.
    04-05-09 08:29 PM
    aaaaaahhh gotcha! lol

I have no experience with BES so I will defer to other members to help you. Best of luck!!
    04-05-09 08:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD