So i went to bed around 2 or so... the phone restarts itself at 3am... nothing running... plugged into the charger all night... wake up this morning and its completely dead, wont even turn on... charge it long enough to get it to turn on and see that its at like 2%... look at the log files and i have this.... nothing running in the background... just died..... It takes 26% of teh batt to start up?!

Last edited by yamahamaxdrpms; 07-11-09 at 10:23 AM.
    07-11-09 10:20 AM
    try getting rid of meterberry
    07-11-09 10:39 AM
    What OS are you running? I haven't had that problem since .76
    07-11-09 10:52 AM
    Ive had this same problem for a while. I think there is a bug when the phone is plugged in when you reset it, the phone doesn't recognize the charger and still runs on battery until the phone dies. Try a battery pull before you got to bed without the phone being plugged in and then charge it. This is a major pain in the *** i know but its worked for me
    07-11-09 10:54 AM
    I just had that same problem. Your port is going bad. I had to get a whole new phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-09 10:55 AM
    port? I'd like a more detailed explantion on how exactly a "port" can cause this.
    Just wondering...
    07-11-09 12:00 PM
    I believe he's saying that the usb charger port is broken, although I doubt this is the problem. The OP's issue has been recounted dozens of times, but mainly with earlier builds. This lead me to believe its an OS issue.

07-11-09 12:16 PM
    I believe he's saying that the usb charger port is broken, although I doubt this is the problem. The OP's issue has been recounted dozens of times, but mainly with earlier builds. This lead me to believe its an OS issue.

yeah i have seen it happen too. Normally a nice long 8 hour charge while sleeping will lead to great and consistent battery life. Kinda resets the battery somehow
    07-11-09 12:29 PM
    yeah, i dont know what happened, i have had the same set up for a month or so... this is the first time it happened. i could see if it wasnt plugged in all the way and simply didnt charge over night... but when it did its scheduled "batt pull" at 3am, it dropped mem like CRAZY... thats just goofy... it seems to be charging up fine today though... just didnt know if anyone had heard of this or have a solution as to why...

* running .148 btw
    07-11-09 12:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD