im selling my storm and have completely wiped out my data. However, in the phone app, it still shows my number at the top. Is there a way to delete my phone number?
    08-28-09 01:26 PM
    Maybe after you migrate your number to another carrier and it is no longer assigned to the device you could remove the SIM card and do a wipe or use JL_CMDR? That may do it, but just a guess.
    08-28-09 01:59 PM
    any other ideas? anyone
    08-28-09 02:47 PM
    There is phone option which actually hides your number. Once you deactivate the phone though your number won't show anymore.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-09 02:53 PM
    Dial ##000000 and press the green send button. This will open the CDMA Edit Screen. The very first entry has your number in it. Keep hitting the delete key until it's removed. There's also your number in the SIP userid, do the same there.

Then hit the menu key and select save.
    Last edited by labphoto; 08-28-09 at 03:09 PM.
    08-28-09 03:05 PM
    Dial ##000000 and press the green send button. This will open the CDMA Edit Screen. The very first entry has your number in it. Keep hitting the delete key until it's removed. There's also your number in the SIP userid, do the same there.

Then hit the menu key and select save.
    i tried this method once before but after reboot it still showed my phone #.
    what did i do?
    following the steps mentioned above, change the phone number to
    (area code) 123-4567. then reboot.
    08-28-09 05:41 PM
    There is phone option which actually hides your number. Once you deactivate the phone though your number won't show anymore.
    Off-Topic: William you have been reported for your copy and paste fun. Unfortunately I noticed that you like to copy other people's posts and re-post them as your own. If you have nothing to contribute to the community then kindly leave.
    08-30-09 07:37 AM
    Off-Topic: William you have been reported for your copy and paste fun. Unfortunately I noticed that you like to copy other people's posts and re-post them as your own. If you have nothing to contribute to the community then kindly leave.
    Oh, gawd. Guy tries to help somebody out, doesn't attribute a source, and the waaaambulance comes in with lights flashing and siren blaring. This is a help forum for an electronic device, not a scientific research journal, fer chrissake.

Saying "if you have nothing to contribute�" in a post like this is hilariously ironic.

08-30-09 10:23 AM
    Oh, gawd. Guy tries to help somebody out, doesn't attribute a source, and the waaaambulance comes in with lights flashing and siren blaring. This is a help forum for an electronic device, not a scientific research journal, fer chrissake.

Saying "if you have nothing to contribute�" in a post like this is hilariously ironic.

This guy has been copying other members posts in several threads where people actually needed help. As for this being ironic, I would have helped but the answer has been given twice the exact way I would have given it. Just trying to help our mods out a little bit, they have a tough enough job around here without others adding to it needlessly.
    08-30-09 02:11 PM
    This guy has been copying other members posts in several threads where people actually needed help. As for this being ironic, I would have helped but the answer has been given twice the exact way I would have given it. Just trying to help our mods out a little bit, they have a tough enough job around here without others adding to it needlessly.
    Wow, it's even more pathetic than I thought.

Was the info correct? Did it help the original poster? The posts you say he copied weren't even your posts? Do you know where those posters got their information, and that it wasn't copied from someone else?

I don't know why whining like this is "helpful" to mods. Seems more of a distraction to me.
    Last edited by rlmesq; 08-30-09 at 02:39 PM.
    08-30-09 02:36 PM
    whining about someone else whining..... priceless
    08-30-09 02:41 PM

Was the info correct? Did it help the original poster? The posts you say he copied weren't even your posts? Do you know where those posters got their information, and that it wasn't copied from someone else?

I don't know why whining like this is "helpful" to mods. Seems more of a distraction to me.
    Excuse me as I have obviously offended you. The poster in question only ever copies posts where someone has said "If that doesn't work PM me" or something of that nature. If you do a search you will notice that ALL of his posts have been removed, not just the one in this thread, so I was apparently not the only one that felt he was being unhelpful. If you want to continue to talk about this, I suggest you PM me as neither of us wants to be on the mods' bad side.
    08-30-09 02:44 PM

just so you know, no the info wasnt correct. the OP asked about deleting the phone number and the reply that was copied and pasted only dealt with hiding it. obviously not the same thing since the option to hide it still leaves the phone number attached to the phone. a useless practice for someone who is selling their storm, and most likely to a stranger. if the purchaser goes to dial their own voicemail, instead of getting through, they will be calling the person who sold it. on the same subject, there is also the problem with emails. once activated (even with a different number) the sellers emails will end up on the purchasers phone. so no, the info wasnt correct, it didnt help the op in the least, and it doesnt matter where they got their info or if they c&p it themselves, its still wrong info. you get absolutely 0 points for jumping into a thread with the sole intention of flaming someone for just trying to help out a little. the correct method is press the call button, ##000000 , press the call button again, and edit the top 2 lines to something that is highly unlikely that anyone has for a number, then save the info and allow the phone to reboot. then when you sell the phone you show the purchaser how to change it so it shows their number.
    08-30-09 05:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD