I'm trying to figure out how to delete all the predective and auto text that the phone has automatically learned by my texting. Does anyone have any suggestion on this? Understand, I am not trying to get rid of predictive or auto texting, just trying to reset it and get rid of all the "words" the phone has learned.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
    10-11-10 04:41 PM
    I could tell you how to clear both, but I'll strongly advise against it. You can edit both in Options. The predictive learning would all be in Custom Dictionary. They both come with a lot of the word basics included, and AutoText some darn neat stuff like mypin to share your pin. If you clear them out, you'll kill your spell checker. What you probably should do is turn off predictive text.
    10-11-10 05:27 PM
    Well, I don't want to completely clear them. Like I said I would just like to reset it back to the factory or default words and such. But from what I gather you are saying you don't know of a way to do this without deleting everything correct? And as far as the custom dictionary I only have about 6 words in there.
    10-11-10 06:30 PM
    It's going to take more work, than hand deleting the problem entries, unless you have a backup from it's original form. Then you could swap the two databases. That would be simple.

You could remove them completely, then rerun an OS install and get back to factory. File deletion, or an OS switch would be a darn near guarantee.

I would just delete the few you have a problem with though. Went through this with my Pearl.
    10-11-10 06:47 PM
    This is incorrect.

To wipe out all the learned text, you need to do it via Desktop Manager under Backup/Restore/Advanced. Look for the correct database and just clear it. I can't remember the exact wording, might be Learned Text or something like that. I'm not in front of a PC right now, but it's just one database and when wiped it won't break the standard Auto Text that's already onboard.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-10 11:11 PM
    Sorry to be really curious but is this learned text that is stored (on the berry obviously and) on the PC in a format that is easily editable? I would love to ditch about 20 or so (maybe more) words/numbers that come up repeatedly when typing which are driving me nuts. I don't really want to delete the whole lot though. Thanks.
    10-15-10 12:59 PM
    Civic is quite correct about how to reset to factory. If you want to make changes to the factory list, you'll need to do that on the phone. Both the Autotext and Custom Dictionary are in options.
    10-15-10 01:05 PM
    Civic is quite correct about how to reset to factory. If you want to make changes to the factory list, you'll need to do the on the phone. Both the Autotext and Custom Dictionary are in options.
    Yeah my problem is that the things that come up are not listed in the Custom Dictionary or the Autotext, which is bl00dy annoying. If I type 10 for example it brings up 107 automatically which is the start of the name of a company a friend works for or typing 91 brings up 91-93. Those are just the numerical examples and they do not appear in anything I appear to be able to edit on the phone. I guess I'll have to have a poke around my PC files tonight and see if I can find anything there.
    10-15-10 01:10 PM
    I can assure you, there's nothing to look for on your PC. Try changing these settings:

Found here:
    10-15-10 01:21 PM
    Sadly I've tried all of those settings and I can either remove all of the learned text from being used or none of it which is a bit frustrating. I just want to remove individual words/numeric combinations leaving the rest intact in fact it may just be the numeric ones that remain after my last purge of the custom dictionary.
    10-15-10 01:26 PM
    I think what Civic was talking about clearing the CustomWordsCollection or the Input Learning Data in the Backup/Restore/Advanced option in Desktop Manager

Or if you're using DM 6, it will be under Device > Delete Data tab and choose "selected data"
    Last edited by Stormified; 10-15-10 at 06:36 PM.
    10-15-10 06:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD