So I lock the blackberry storm using the top lock button. But if i want to check the time or something and i click on the screen, nothing happens. is there a way to make the screen come on for a few seconds and then go back to sleep after?

One other thing, while attempting to try out the ringtones, a clip of the ringtone doesn't play, or when i click try it, all i get is the vibration from the phone. any ideas?
    04-08-09 09:58 PM
    To see the time and date when in lock mode just press the "end call" button. It will do exactly what you want it to do..obviously dont hold it down or else it will shut off...even in lock mode
    04-08-09 10:08 PM
    Any of the 4 hard buttons on the bottom will do it.
    04-08-09 10:10 PM
    Mine lights up when I click on the screen - must be something I have installed. BBlight?
    04-08-09 10:26 PM
    Mine lights up when I click on the screen - must be something I have installed. BBlight?
    are you on .75? mine did that on .75 and when i updated to .109 i had to press one of the other hardkeys and has been the same since.
    04-08-09 10:50 PM
    are you on .75? mine did that on .75 and when i updated to .109 i had to press one of the other hardkeys and has been the same since.
    Yes, I am on .75.
    04-08-09 11:07 PM
    When my Storm is locked my screen pops up when I click the screen, I see my complete home screen.. and Im running .75
    04-08-09 11:51 PM
    It's like that on .75. They've changed it now so that when it's locked, the screen press doesn't do anything. It was changed because people would press the screen in a pocket or something and it would kill the battery over time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-09 11:51 PM
    I know mine did that too, but it dissapeared in .113
    In my opinion this is a good change. When the phone is locked, i DONT want it to turn on the backlight. To see the time I just press the Return button. Like Civic said, theres a good reason, and I support it.

Seriously chaps :P
    04-09-09 02:46 AM
    thanks guys, i had just updated to .122 so thats maybe why i couldnt click the screen.

any ideas about the ringtones though?
    04-09-09 08:01 AM
    try clicking the volume button up once then back down once..
    04-09-09 08:11 AM
    thanks guys, i had just updated to .122 so thats maybe why i couldnt click the screen.

any ideas about the ringtones though?

experiencing the same issues with my storm, i was even making threads asking for help and all i could find is that no matter what, your sounds will still work but the "try it" button doesnt seem too
    04-09-09 10:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD