Ok, so as we all now know, if you set a custom ringtone and then set your phone to vibrate, it's gonna ring anyway if you have a custom ringtone set for that contact....

My Question: I tried to get rid of the custom rightone, but don't see the option. I tried to set the ringtone to the same ringtone that my sound profile uses for all calls and now, it still rings whil eon vibrate only. Right now, I can't bring my phone with me to meetings because it keeps effing ringing!! How can I get rid of a custom ringtone once it is set? Any ideas?
    12-12-08 11:12 AM
    Couldn't you just use Silent until they fix it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-08 11:14 AM
    I don't know....it won't still ring in silent? Only in Vibrate? There are definitlely trimes when I want the BB to vibrate but NOT ring. Who's to say they are gonna fix this anytime soon anyway!

So is there no way to 'undo' the ringtones I set?
    12-12-08 11:23 AM
    I just tried setting my phone on silent and a custom ring tone still rang.
    12-12-08 11:46 AM
    So none of you BlackBerry veterans knows how to undo a custom ringtone? Really?? I'm kinda surprised.
    12-13-08 11:32 AM
    i personally havent found a way to undo them yet either but then again i havent had a lot of time lately. i just set up a custom vibrate profile until rim fixes the issue and that has been working fine. i get to keep my custom tones and dont have to worry about them going off when i dont want them to.
    12-13-08 11:48 AM
    I would love an answer to this too. I just want it to vibrate sometimes, that's it.
    12-13-08 11:48 AM
    i personally havent found a way to undo them yet either but then again i havent had a lot of time lately. i just set up a custom vibrate profile until rim fixes the issue and that has been working fine. i get to keep my custom tones and dont have to worry about them going off when i dont want them to.
    So if I custom set everything to vibrate, it won't ring?
    12-13-08 01:00 PM
    Can't you just scroll down to where it says custom phone tune: and hit delete field?
    12-18-08 01:05 PM
    No - it will work. Click on your profiles. Scroll down to "custom profiles". Click "add custom profile". Name it whatever you want. Now - for ALL your alerts (phone, messages, IM's, etc...) leave the rington alone (even if you have custom tones for those contacts). Change the volume setting to silent, chance teh vibration to "on". Save the profile and select it as your active profile when you're finished. Use this profile instead of the "vibrate" profile when you want the phone to just vibrate and that's all it will do.
    12-18-08 01:13 PM
    It may not be the best solution but I found a way to fix that particular problem. I deleted the contact with the custom ringtone from the phone and then made a new contact and re-entered the contact info. A default ringtone is assigned to the new contact and it cures your problem.

This does nothing though for the original problem of a custom ringtone going off when set to vibrate.
    12-18-08 03:51 PM
    got it figured out-- on the home screen click the sound profile icon then go down to "Set Contact Alert" From there you'll see everyone you have custom ring tones for and you just hit the blackberry button and select delete then its right back to the default.
    12-18-08 05:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD